cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one 4.3 update?

Journeyman

Re: HTC one 4.3 update?

I just don't understand why the US is ALWAYS last yet other countries roll out the updates faster, is it that the US in not a priority for phone manufactures or is it simply just the carriers slacking behind everyone else

Journeyman

It is the carriers slacking.  The US Dev Edition and the US Unlocked edition both received the update.  The US Carriers are slacking an won't let OEMS push the update out.  The OEMS have to have the update certified by the carrier.  Which basically means carrier testing the update and adding its carrier bloatware to the device

Journeyman

The 4.3 update is available now, at least in the Tampa market.

GrandMaster

it doesnt get pushed by market..its pushed by serial number on the phone itself..in batches.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I also got the OTA download of 4.3 today

Journeyman

Downloading it now 574.05MB.  I'm in northern California. 

GrandMaster

its available for myself as well in Nor Cal..thats quite a large file for only being considered a medium OS update lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm downloading the update right now. It's coming down rather slowly, considering that I'm on wifi. Maybe everybody is hitting the server at the same time. It says it will install Android 4.3, hope it's true. I'm in Memphis, TN.

GrandMaster

its 4.3. they posted a publicly announced thread for it in this forum as well.

GrandMaster

Re: 10/02 - HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2

Journeyman

Just downloaded and installed successfully in NC

Journeyman

I now have Android 4.3 installed and running. I haven't noticed any glitches yet, but there's something in Notifications that I've never seen before: MTP mode is enabled. Does anybody know what it is and what it does? Is there a setting for it? Where? I tried to swipe it out of the Notifications but it stays there.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat