cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one 4.3 update?

Wizard

Re: HTC one 4.3 update?

Update done and no issues so far. I do see some new Apps one called "KeyVPN" then "Play Games" and Google Wallet listed there now as well. Also notice that when you swipe down now you have the white square in the corner which brings up more settings like Brightness,Settings,Wifi,Bluetooth and more.

GrandMaster

im diggin it. they did it beyond what i thought they would do..i was hoping they would have something a bit quicker for data/file transfer than the current set up..basically video transfer etc..that was the only other thing i was hopeful for..everything else i probably wont use aside from the quick toggles lol..then again i let the phone do its own thing when it comes to my connections anyways..with the exception of bluetooth.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

anything found so far that wasnt talked about so far? they always have a few hidden surprises for us to find lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

i'll just keep ignoring blinkfeed until they get something figured out about that dang thing..i know it was one of their big highlights with this phone..but even highlights should have a go away button lol. i just keep mine set to the far left and dont bother shifting that direction.

Journeyman

Perhaps new or perhaps I never noticed it before -- you can expand notifications to get fuller information by swiping down on them (at least some of them). Two examples I see in my notifications, but they depend on running the applications: I use a mail client for Exchange, and expanding its notification tells me briefly who the senders of recent messages are. I also use Battery Widget Reborn, and expanding its notification shows the usage graph and the toggles available.

GrandMaster

oddly enough i just looked at my phone and it already shows up top what my battery life is..just doesnt have a percent symbol next to it...i took a SS earlier of some speeds i was getting while on 3G and its plainly right at the top..was the percent symbol added to it? what am i missing here?

Wizard

Yeah notice that as well how it will display more info about your email and text messages as well and it seems faster to when you go to click on things.

Journeyman

Got the update today.  Everything is working good now.  I use to have trouble with sending pictures and them being blurry.  I would have to attach one picture, then attach the picture that I wanted to send, and delete the first picture.  Don't have to do that anymore.  The only issue I am having now is when I am in the messaging app, my contact pictures disappear, and I have to close the app to have them reappear.  Has anyone else had this issue? 

GrandMaster

I noticed it with handcent as well but I think in my side of things handcent will have an update to fix this.

Journeyman

Yeah, I might just try a factory reset and see if that takes care of it. 

GrandMaster

i noticed a few extra things though that werent there before.

1-daydream under "display, gestures and buttons..dont remember this..you can set up the phone to have a weird but kind of cool display deal happen while its docked or plugged in to charge..

2-updating your profile now ends with prompting you to restart the phone. it does it for you but prior to the update it didnt do this..doing it again right now to test again if it was a fluke.

2a-aparently it was a fluke..didnt prompt me to restart the phone this time.

3-i noticed a slight difference in reception. sitting in the same place as any other day and right after the update it seems to be picking up the usual signal slightly less than before the update. drops signal with the airave but not all the time.

4-i'll have to double check things on my end but wifi seems to be running slower for me than before the update..on average i could pull off 30-40mbps ...now im pulling around 20mbps down..i'll have to double check if it changed up the wifi performance option in there..even the options in there have changed around a bit.

5-i dont remember kid mode being an option when you long hold the power button to pull up shutting it down or restarting the phone..its now an option in there.

6-the wifi advanced setting for best performance is no longer there..im wondering if this has something to do with my slower speeds when testing my home connection.

will add later if i find anything else worth mentioning.

GrandMaster

the one finger to pull down the notifications bar and 2 fingers to pull down the quick settings is kind of cool. forgot about that one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat