cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one 4.3 update?

Journeyman

Re: HTC one 4.3 update?

Dear Pale22,

In case you did not hear, HTC started releasing 4.3 to Sprint customers, yesterday on October 2, 2013. Thanks for your patience.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team.

Journeyman

Now that we have Android 4.3 I suppose we can start speculating about when (if?) we will get KitKat.

GrandMaster

have you noticed anything with wifi? im still able to stream as well as i did before..but the speeds seem to have dropped a bit..the option for best wifi performance is no longer there..im also noticing a drop in battery life a bit..but im not sure if that is on my end of things or not..im not running it any different than i usually do.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

kitkat will be the next screaming nightmare we will hear from people because their life will not be complete without it and its magical workings lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

fireguy_6364,

Thanks so for the feedback. Will report to our techs.  I have not seen any other feedback yet. I am keeping an eye out.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

at work my reception is the same as it always is..im not using the phone any more than i did prior to the udate..yet im already at 67% battery life..seems phone idle has jumped quite a bit along with Android system per battery usage..before those 2 for sure where usually pretty low on the list..google services seems to be up the list more than it used to be as well. something got changed up i just cant put a finger on it quite yet.

GrandMaster

by now im usually roughly in the mid 80%-90% range..im pretty OCD when it comes to my usual routines with this phone and its day to day stuff lol..same ol routines that rarely ever change..so i usually notice changes like this pretty easily lol..i dont expect my battery life to be this far down until after my lunch time which is spent watching a half hour worth of a movie.

Journeyman

Hey man. On your profile update post before, regarding 2a: All other phones restart after doing a profile update. I was surprised when I got my One and it never restarted afterwards. It didn't restart the second time because there was nothing new. I had always restarted after doing them.

When I had my S2, I would factory reset after every Android update because of the battery problems you're having. Android has a terrible problem with fragmenting. And it gets 100 times worse after an update. 4.3 is supposed to significantly improve the fragmenting problems. A factory reset should fix up your battery issues. I just installed 4.3 and factory resetting now!

GrandMaster

neither my old original evo nor the One have done this after a profile update..usually it should just go through its steps then youre connections will drop..then they will come back up..after the update when i first noticed my reception was lacking a bit i did the profile update..once it finished it prompted me to restart the phone by hitting ok..which seemed a bit odd..but i didnt really have any other choice..i did another one while i was typing that out and it didnt prompt me..did another one a few ago and no prompt again..seemed odd and out of nowhere..i HATE doing a FR...then again supposedly the new backup it has should keep every bit of my data (mainly games, passwords, etc)..i hate starting things over again and spending hours on end re setting my phones up..i havent had to do one in over a year easy..probably pushing 2 at the least.

Journeyman

Sorry, all *newer* phones restart after profile updates. Like I said I was surprised when I got the One and didn't restart after profile update.

I hate doing them too. But, to me it's worth the battery life. And should clear up any glitches that might be present. I did the backup (in settings). It seems to have all my wifi passwords saved, although I think Google does that now anyways. My background is there, but the home screens aren't setup to how I had them All the folders that I hate are back in the Apps.

Journeyman

Scratch that. restored my homescreen! that's nice.

Journeyman

Dear HardReset,

Thank you for also adding your experience. I am seeing an increase in this issue now, as more people download and HTC has also been told. We look forward to a fix from them soon.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat