cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one 4.3 update?

Journeyman

Re: HTC one 4.3 update?

It restored everything but the folders are there, which I didn't have before. So it's not that big of a deal.

The last time I did a factory reset on my phone, I didn't do that backup to dropbox which is needed. So I had to start from scratch. I don't think people are aware the HTC backup is stored on dropbox, so they need an account setup.

GrandMaster

im going to have to work on this one then..i havent put ANYTHING in drop box..my speeds in my area would have a hard time pulling anything from dropbox..especially if it had any larger size to it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

by profile updates youre talking abut the one right in there with the PRL update correct? making sure neither of us are mixing up our info here and or misunderstanding each other lol..i have dont quite a few profile update within the last month or so since they started nv upgrades near my work..this would have been the first time i have had it prompt that restart..what exactly would be the point of forcing the phone to restart if you just performed a profile update anyways? doing the HTC backup..does it only do it through dropbox or can it pull off the same deal by dumping all that info onto a computer? i worry more about my apps and their built up data than anything else really..pics i save to the computer often enough so no loss really there anways.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah the data profile, next to PRL. I don't know the exact reason it restarts, but it is probably is needed to just fully apply the changes. Like when you update windows, it needs to restarts.

I don't think you can backup to the computer. You might be able to through the HTC software (blanking the name), but I couldn't ever get the software to recognize my One. I've heard it's a pretty common issue. The stored data on your apps are usually associated with another account like facebook, maybe gmail, it's own account. So not sure.

Journeyman

I just made the update to 4.3 on my HTC One last week. Having problems in 2 areas; 1st- photos disapear from texts. I used to see the pic of who I text and no they inadvertently come and go. 2nd in some of my apps you have to push very hard to type, this never happened. Anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks, Scott

GrandMaster

i suggest not pushing hard..wont make any difference other than messing up your screen. the issue is in the app itself..something is causing the keyboard to not be as responsive. key finger point to this is with what you said "2nd in some of my apps you have to push very hard to type,". if it was a issue with the update itself it wouldnt be hit and miss..it would affect all of your apps that use the keyboard.

Journeyman

I appreciate your reply and suggestions. Your probably correct its an app thing so maybe they will be updating the app soon. Ive tried a soft reset on my phone and also deleted and reinstalled the affected apps without any change. I wonder if its a "slowness speed" issue too, maybe the update has some lag in it causing to feel like pushing hard is the answer and its really a delay. Not sure. Thanks!!

GrandMaster

same deal with my handcent texting app..3rd party and it will no longer sync with my contacts..all i can hope for is an update from them and the hopes that i can pay attention enough to not end up texting the wrong person when i dont pay attention to the name.

GrandMaster

if you respond through the communications tab you wont get that notification that your post didnt work..in fact it did work and every time to retry it it adds another post lol..i already reported this to the higher ups. the communications tab is workign flawlessly though..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat