cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one dropping 3g/4g where old phone had 4g replacement?

Journeyman

HTC one dropping 3g/4g where old phone had 4g replacement?

what do i need to do replace my HTC one(new phone, new plan) or replace my provide.  My new htc phone took 7 hours to load one thing today where my old HTC evo would have 4g and play streaming crap. This is beyond frustrating, i plan on getting rid of one or the other one by friday if not both. The phone is a great phone but useless if i cant access internet. So annoying!!

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: HTC one dropping 3g/4g where old phone had 4g replacement?

you will probably need to post your zip code and the closest cross streets to where you are the most so the techs can look into the towers you normally connect to for issues..the big difference is going to be that your old phone was running off the 4G wimax...which this phone is running off 4G LTE...which is still being deployed..which it also may or may not be in your area already.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

your area is for sure still under deployment..so either the closest tower to you is being upgraded still or a further out tower is being upgraded and the extra people being pushed onto other towers is affecting yours..its going to end up being one of those 2.

an additional FYI the last update this phone received changed up how the bars show..before it showed you your voice reception...now its showing your data strength...the only time it will show your voice reception now is when you make a call or shut down your data for whatever reason..yes i know...not the brightest of decisions on HTC's part

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Is there a way for me to find out when these upgrade will get completed, i really like this phone but I would rather not go with it if it can't hold even a 3g where my old phone hold a 4 g wi. Based on your "for sure" it will be a while tho correct?

GrandMaster

cities dont make this list until they hit roughly 40ish percent completion..and i cant remember how long ago they added Irving to the list..

TEXAS

Abilene

Amarillo

Arlington

Austin

Beaumont

Brownsville

Carrollton

College Station

Corpus Christi

Cypress

Dallas

Del Rio

Denton

Fort Worth

Garland

Harlingen

Houston

Humble

Huntsville

Irving<<<~~~ you are here

Katy

Killeen

Laredo

Longview

Lubbock

Mckinney

Mesquite

Midland

Pasadena

Plano

Richardson

Richmond

San Angelo

San Antonio

Spring

Sugar Land

Tyler

Victoria

Waco

Wichita Falls

unfortunately there is no solid date or time frame on when the upgrades will be completed at any specific tower..each tower is its own nightmare..on average if everything goes well a upgrade usually takes anywhere between 1-1 1/2 months give or take including 2ish weeks of testing and tuning..if they are running into issues which more often than not they do youre looking more towards 3ish months. the original EVO had one of the strongest antennas to date..which most people noticed as soon as they dumped that phone and upgraded. i dont think any phones to date have really compared to that phones ability to pull signal. but even with that old phone if the towers around you are being upgraded then youre still going to have issues no matter which phone you have.

Master

franoo2oo6
Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about these service issues you are experiencing in your area. I see fireguy_6364 has provided some great information. The original HTC EVO ran on 4G WIMAX. This was an older 4G technology. The HTC ONE runs on a much improved 4G LTE network. I see that we have not fully expanded LTE in your area. We have most sites scheduled for these upgrades in the coming months. The LTE service will provide a much faster data connection. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
-Patrick
Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

franoo2oo6 wrote:

8615 freeport parkway, Irving, tx 75063. I looked at the Sprint map and it should be here but with the HTC one I can't even get 3g there and I spend too much time there to not have 3 or 4g to atleast stream music. The phone itself is amazing except for no data connect when even my brother shows 4 g LTE my will only show 3g at the max.

forgot to add if this is your physical address youre going to want to remove it..no physical address or personal info unless its passed to a tech through the private messages area..edit this out..public forum and everyone can see it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat