cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands free activation popping up after every boot

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hands free activation popping up after every boot

so ive had the phone since sunday. been having this problem every time i turn off or restart my phone. ive tried everything (including ##7............#, factory reset, ect) and it still does this, but the strange thing is my phone is technically activated seeing as i can make calls and texts use my apps ect. any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Hands free activation popping up after every boot

I would try choosing the "Activate this device" in the phone settings. From my experience this seems to correct this issue the times I've seen this on other devices. I don't have a One handy to see if it's there, but I know it's on the S2, S3, and EVO LTE at least, so I'd assume it's there in the One as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That option mentioned by halcyoncmdr123 is in fact available in the settings.  It's near the bottom right above the System updates option.  If that doesn't work then a factory reset may be worth a try.  I did not have this issue after activating my HTC One.

Screenshot_2013-04-24-08-30-23.png

Hopefully this helps.

Journeyman

thanks guys. ive tried absolutely everything short of swapping the phone, the only thing i can think of is that a sprint employee took this phone home with him/her for a few weeks before launch and at some point rooted the device and flashed the original settings over before brining it back to the store to sell to a customer. when the person activated my phone i did not watch her cut open any box or seals so obviously the phone was already tampered with.

Highlighted
Master

That's not possible. The earliest I saw any Sprint stores get inventory was 2 days ahead of time. My store did not receive a shipment until the day before the launch.

The HTC One box only has two circular tape pieces on the sides to "seal" it, there is no plastic wrapping around it. No Sprint phone other than the iPhone uses plastic shrink wrap as we are a Green company and shrink wrap is most definitely not a green technology.

You can try performing an RTN or SCRTN on the device to qipe out the programming and have it automatically go back through HFA provisioning again like it did originally when it came out of hte box. You may need your phone's security code from a rep to perform these (some phones don't require the code, I'm not sure with the One). This is not the same as a Factory Data Reset in the phone's menu if you have already tried that.

You can do these by typing ##72786# or ##786# in your phone's dialer. The ##72786# will wipe ONLY the phone's programming (Selected Content Return To New, SCRTN). The ##786# will wipe EVERYTHING and revert the phone to the state it came out of the box (Return To New, RTN).

I've seen issue be fixed with a ##RTN that a Factory Reset and ##SCRTN did not fix. Shouldn't make a difference, but for some reason it does sometimes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you. This fixed it. I think the person at sprint messed up the initial activation. Thank you soooo much

Highlighted
Master

Which worked? Did just an SCRTN work, or did it require the full RTN? Just so we know for the future.

There's not really anything for a rep to mess up, but it may have messed itself up during the automated process, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a phone do that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rtn is what did it for me

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat