cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much...

Highlighted
Journeyman

How much...

...is it going to cost me to end my contract with Sprint, based on the following:

• I paid full price for a defective HTC One and Sprint replaced it with a defective, refurbished HTC One. (I know, I know - it's tucked into the fine print that you get to pay full price for a used device at Sprint's discretion, regardless of the fact that the phone they sold you was defective from the factory.)
  • I don't get 3G or 4G service at my residence, even though I was assured by customer service (before I signed on the dotted line), that my area has strong 3G and 4G coverage.
  • I've been with Sprint for more than 10 years (Again, I know, I know - CUSTOMER LOYALTY MEANS NOTHING.)
54 REPLIES 54
Journeyman

Re: How much...

wow I too have been with sprint for more than 10 years was going to update my wifes evo 3d with the htc one but upgrade is 199.99 for loyal customers but new customers who probably  cant even a ford the monthly service can get it for 99.99 the htc one is already one year into its life cycle it comes shipped with 4.1 ics the upgrade software is 4.2 JB heck I'm still rocking the evo 4g and am running 4.3 and the developers are hard at work to get it to run on 4.4 kit kat if they make me end up paying the 199.99 it better not be a refurbished phone and the reason is the one does not have a removable battery so if its refurbished it already has some of its battery life cycles used (not cool) the only reason i was looking at the one was from what I have read is the bench marks are higher that the rest using the quad core processor

Journeyman

I did all my research, ran the specs, read the pro reviews, compared it against everything else out there...and it's easily been the worst single purchase I've ever made.

Journeyman

I feel the same way! Been with sprint for 13 years and I hate this phone. Dropped calls and the data service can't hold any connection, through my WiFi or sprint data. It is fast and love the camera, but I miss my Evo. I got it first week out and I am anxiously waiting to get a new phone already.

Journeyman

You guys are hilarious!  I contacted the sprint store to have them order a replacement for the defective replacement, and it came in today.  Before I even left the store, the tech offered to order me another one because this replacement is defective as well. The kicker, it's the same problem my original new HYC One had.

So, my third replacement is on it's way.

Apparently refurbished is as good as new with Sprint and HTC.

Sent from my second defective refurbished replacement Sprint phone.

Journeyman

Currently on my third refurbished replacement phone. It wouldn't turn on today even though it had a 68% charge. So, I may be returning it for a fourth refurbished replacement device...because...you know...refurbished is just as scrappy as brand new.

No wonder HTC is failing and Sprint bleeds customers every quarter.

GrandMaster

since you havent had it for to long do a Factory Reset on it and then see what it does after that..cant exactly hurt anything .

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

inkfrogfx,

Thank you for your posts regarding the issues that you've had with your HTC One.  We're sorry to hear that you've had such issues with replacements and wanted to follow up and see if subsequent software updates that have been released have alleviated some of the problems for you?

If you are still noticing functionality issues and battery drain please chat with an HTC device support representative to assess further: http://www.htc.com/us/contact/chat/.

If you are noticing coverage related issues please let us know the zip code and nearest cross streets so that we may begin to assess for you.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Still have no 4G and minimal 3G coverage at home and am giving serious consideration to jumping away from Sprint via T-Mobile's ETF option.

Master

inkfrogrfx,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your having these issues. If you're not getting any results with HTC support, you can contact one of our Sprint service and repair.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'd like the Airave 2.5 Plus removed from my account, please.  It was provided at no cost in a failed attempt to alleviate connectivity issues.

Journeyman

supposed Coverage 03072014.jpg

This is the supposed coverage Sprint says is in my neighborhood, but unless I am connecting to my internet WI-FI, I can't make or receive calls or use data (internet, text, etc.).  So, at what point is Sprint violating the terms of the contract by not providing service ?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat