cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove "power-saver on" notification?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to remove "power-saver on" notification?

Does anyone know how to remove the "power-saver on" notification from my taskbar?? I already looked around in the power-saver app, but the "enable notification" option is checked and grayed-out

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: How to remove "power-saver on" notification?

that showed up in the drop down notification drawer of the last update to jellybean/sense. no way to remove unless you root and install a custom rom.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Swipe down (from the top of the display) to see your notifications. At the top you should see the checkbox for Power saver. If you uncheck Power saver, there is no notification in the task bar.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Wizard

the power save icon is still present in the pull down drawer when you uncheck it. this icon was added in the last update to JB on the evo LTE also.

Highlighted
Master

Incorrect, deactivating just turns it off, the icon is still present though just like the LTEVO.

To OP, as steadicam mentioned, there is no way to remove it from the notification bar other then installing a custom ROM.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I thought the question was about removing the Power Saver icon from the taskbar. When you uncheck the Power Saver option it does remove from the taskbar. The option still remains in the notification pull-down.

@GreenMotion - How did you get to the menu where you saw the option grayed out? I can't find what you're talking about. I'll try to help if I can get a better understanding. Thanks.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Master

My bad, I misread it. I was thinking from the Notification section itself. It does in fact disappear from the main screen notification bar, just not the notification area when you pull down on the bar.

Sorry for the confusion. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I may have worded it incorrectly, but yeah, I am talking about the notification section.

@CzechPleaz: "Settings -> Apps -> All -> Power". You will see a "show notification". It is checked, but grayed out.

Highlighted
Master

Yeah, under the Notification section itself you can't remove it permanently other then with a custom ROM. The Notification Bar you can hide it by disabling.

As for the Show Notification. Its greyed out because they (Sprint) doesn't want you do disable it. However, you can do a Force Quit, problem is, it keeps re-enabling itself so won't stay quit. You may be able to download an app that always does a Force Quit.

Interestingly, Doing a Force Quit enables Expanded Notifications that was I thought supposed to be part of Jelly Bean 4.2. What am I talking about you say?? Just look at the 2 screen shots below.

2013-04-24_08-16-43.png2013-04-24_08-16-58.png

So, what it appears like is a feature that Sprint added BROKE a feature of Android. This needs to be addressed.

--

Highlighted
Wizard

you can force close the app.

pull down the notification drawer, tap and hold, you will see "app info" tick that and then tick force close. this will remove the icon from the area.

once the battery gets low and/or the battery save mode is activated, this icon will pop back up. one those conditions no longer exist to keep this app running, go back and force close it again.

Highlighted
Master

Problem is, it keeps relaunching after a few seconds to a couple minutes.

--

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi,

That's not the behavior I'm experiencing.

I've been doing this for a couple days and I've not seen it repopulate once I force close it.

If you reboot or if the battery gets low to where this system activates, then it pops up.

Perhaps you have other things running on your htc one that is interfering, but I assure you from my experience over the past couple days the icon has not popped up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat