cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated my HTC One M7

Journeyman

I updated my HTC One M7

I updated my HTC One M7 to the newest update that just came out and in the middle of the update it stopped updating and the froze and is stuck on a black screen with a read triangle

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I updated my HTC One M7

I'm the having same problem.

Master

bsumner030660, We apologize for the issue you're experiencing. Please visit your local Sprint phone repair center for assistance with the issue. Go to sprint.com/storelocator for a location near you.

HirschtSprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem. Not anywhere near a Sprint store and travelling tomorrow - great...

Master

etomsic, We apologize for the issue. Do you have your data back-up on the phone?

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Master

Takeouup - We can only imagine how frustrating this may be. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? Keep us posted. - Mary
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I Have contacted htc, that was my first move! They want to schedule a troubleshooting call in 24-48 hours! My job requires me to be on call, and I cannot afford to wait for that long. My update was complete but now EVERY APP has "stopped unexpectedly" and it won't actually let me send the error that it wants me to send. But even when I click don't send, it just comes right back! this is not my first problem with this phone! I think I'm done!

Master

niknikwill,

Have you tried performing a master reset on the device?

West
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having the same problem

Journeyman

I did the update today. Took forever and then after the update it was stuck on the HTC screen when the phone turned back on. THEN I had to restart it a 2nd time to get the updates to install and now my apps won't connect at all. Plus, when I press the button at the top to turn my phone on sometimes it won't come on at all! It's working for now but the phone is moving very slow.

Journeyman

After updating my HTC ONE (M7) to software verions 6.16.651.2 I am experiencing the following issues.

• My battery life is draining about 70% faster. It used to last 30-36hours before I needed to charge it. After a full charge I'm now at 59% after 5.5 hours of minimal use.
  • I can no longer add calendar notifications to the lock screen. To clarify, I am getting the calendar reminders on the lock screen but I cannot see any furture meetings as I had before the update. The option has simply been removed.
  • As others are saying, the WiFi calling does not work (I read where a Sprint rep. posted that this was installed in error and will not work on the M7). Previous to reading this post I called customer care and they added a service code to my account and told me to restart my device and it would work but it doesn't. It flashes like it's going to start then nothing happens.

@Sprint Customer Support. Are there any know issues or fixes for these issues? I don't want to take my phone to the store and wait hour(s) if they are going to back it up and reset it. I understand that's how it goes sometimes but I can do that myself. Please advise on what my next steps should be.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I have the same issue with my battery, it drains fast. I normally charge my phone when it's low but now I seem to have to charge it all of the time. I sure hope they come up with a solution to this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat