Did you mean: 

Is this phone a lemon?

Journeyman

Re: Is this phone a lemon?

what options are available? 

Journeyman

Hello Andi,

I sent a couple of messages to you (I think). Did you received them?

Rod

Journeyman

rgentry23,

I apologize for the delay in response. I have been out of the office with family matters. I am back now and have responded to you via private messaging. I am on it and we will figure this out. Thank you for your patience!

*Andi R.

Social Care

Journeyman

dcbroker,

Thanks for asking. This can very, depending on the accounts. Are you having similar issues? I usually recommend that someone with these issues take their unit into a Sprint Service and Repair location as they can provide a quicker turn around. With the Sprint Total Equipment Protection plan, this should be at no additional charge as long as the phones are not in void of the HTC warranty. Let me know if you need anything further. I am here for you!

*Andi R.

Social Care

Journeyman

sprint service replaced the sim card and that solved some issues.  my htc one has connectivity problems that nobody can solve.  I wanted a different phone and they want to charge me $700 for it. im not eligible for an upgrade for a year.  I just want a device that works like it should.  im paying for it.  the worst part is the htc one is only worth $92 on the buyback program.  in the end its cheap.......that's why they don't care

GrandMaster

are you absolutely sure its the phone having the reception issues and not the network itself?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

dcbroker

Thanks for your post. What connectivity problems are you having? Does the phone switch between 3G and LTE? Do you have a signal and the data doesn't load? Can you provide a cross street and zip code to assess the Network conditions in your area? 

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

This phone is a total lemon.  I have spent more time trying to fix it that I have just given up.  I refuse to pay $600 for a different phone.  I would say it is a phone issue and not a connectivity issue, I can sit next to my husband with a sprint iPhone and he can get calls and texts while I have nothing, this is everywhere we go!  It gets very frustrating to repeat the same thing over and over to multiple sprint employees.  I understand people misuse the system but this phone truly is junk!

Master

JackieLH,

Thanks for the post. Do you have insurance on your device? If so there would be no need to pay $600 for a new device. Have you been to a service and repair location to have the device looked at? Please let me know.

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

I have insurance and have taken it to the store many times.  At this point I refuse to spend any more time trying to fix the daily problems...not being able to send and receive texts at work, horrible reception...the list goes on forever.  i just want a different phone that is not an htc one.  I wish they would log you in everytime you had to go to the sprint store, not just when they have to take it to the back.  I shouldn't have to have a code to re activate my phone over and over just so it works part of the time.  I used to depend on my phone, now I know even with a cell phone in an area with towers everywhere, I am unreachable for no reason other than I picked the wrong phone.  Not very comforting with a small child and a husband who is ill. I don't blame sprint, I just think they should pull this phone.  I'm sure people abuse the system but I just want a dependable phone.

GrandMaster

not all the HTC Ones are having issues though...mine works perfectly fine as do many others..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Jackie I had the same problems your having.  the repair tech said he thinks the htc one is a lemon because its all one piece construction and its made out of aluminum.  he thinks the construction blocks the signal from getting out at full strength.  remember the iphone 4, the reception was bad if you held it a certain way.  anyway.....someone saw my frustration and offered me an easy pay deal.  I now have a Samsung note 3 and all my issues are gone!!!  Whoever made me the offer thank you!!!  keep bugging them they will eventually let you pick a new device.  the note 3 is awesome.  good luck!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat