cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the new upgrade on 10-8-2013

Journeyman

Issues with the new upgrade on 10-8-2013

So since I did may upgrade I have a new icon in my toolbar that looks like an N and I don't know what that is. Also all my contact icons pictures in my messenger for texts are gone. Is any one else having this issue? and does anyone know exactly what the upgrade all did?

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: Issues with the new upgrade on 10-8-2013

there is a list in this forum that contains all this..the contacts deal is a known deal..well kind of..is this happening with your stock texting app or a 3rd party one like handcent or gosms?

the logo up top is for NFC...basically the ability to transfer data (pics, videos etc) by touching your phone to another phone that has the NFC ability..prior to the update it was probably turned on but nothing showed this..the new update put that notifications hogger up there so you know if its on or not lol..you can turn it off if its something you never use or never WILL use..then you wont have to worry about seeing it up there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

B4BYGYRL,

Thanks for the post. I see Fireguy provided you most of the info. Here is the list of things that came in the update.

• Fixes issue where Swype does not automatically enter spaces in Exchange email.
  • Application Updates
    • Sprint Zone
    • Visual Voicemail
  • HTC Sense stability improvement
  • Updating OS from 4.1.2 to 4.3 (Minor upda
  • Dial pad - Autocomplete: Touching numbers or letters then the dial pad will suggest phone numbers or names.
  • Internationalization and localization: Additional language support.
    • Translated in African, Amharic, Hindi, Swahili (Kiswahili), Zulu (IsiZulu), Hebrew, and Arabic.
  • Keyboard and input:
    • Easier text input.
      • An improved algorithm for tap-typing recognition.
    • Lower latency input for gamepad buttons and joysticks.
  • Location detection through Wi-Fi: Use Wi-Fi to detect location without turning on Wi-Fi all the time.
  • Networking: Bluetooth Smart support (AKA, Bluetooth Low-Energy).
    • Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support to display song names on a car stereo

Victor

Sprint Social  Care

Journeyman

Now my battery is draining bad! I didn't say anything at first, and wanted to give it some time. Well, it's bad.

Full charge at 7:30 am. 9% left at 3:00 pm. Usually, I have about 50% left at that time. I even barely used my phone today.

I have Google Loaction services turned off, and I even increased the amount of time between updates on my apps.

Journeyman

With the new update I seem to experiencing

• a lag within some apps
  • when texting the persons photo disappears and then later comes back
  • some apps aren't as touch responsive and you have to push harder when typing on the screen within the app
  • BT in car does show photo now for caller however when I receive an email while on the phone many times I get disconnected

If you can advise I would appreciate that. Scott

Journeyman

With the new update I seem to experiencing

• a lag within some apps
  • when texting the persons photo disappears and then later comes back
  • some apps aren't as touch responsive and you have to push harder when typing on the screen within the app
  • BT in car does show photo now for caller however when I receive an email while on the phone many times I get disconnected

If you can advise I would appreciate that. Scott

Wizard

SCOTTWYP,

Thanks for the post. Have you powered off your device then back on? This can help reset the device on the network.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat