cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known issues after 4.3 update

Journeyman

Known issues after 4.3 update

Hey guys,

After having the 4.3 update on my HTC One for a couple of days, I thought it would be helpful to compile a list of known issues I and others are reporting after said update.

-SIGNAL STRENGTH - The first thing I noticed after applying the update was that the visual signal strength indicator was a lot lower.  Normally in my bedroom I would receive 4-5 bars of signal with the 4G icon, now I barely get one.  After doing some research online and scouring through some forums (notably XDA Developers and Android Central) I discovered that this was happening with the Canadian HTC One as well.  According to members of those forums, the signal bars now represent the active DATA signal strength, where as previously they represented the VOICE (1x) signal strength. I have pasted the link after this paragraph.  They also went on to mention that you should not notice any change in real world speed or reception data as the signal bars are now showing the true data signal you have been receiving all along. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46145073

CONTACT PICTURES BUG - Another bug that I myself have encountered and researched on is in regard to the contact pictures.  I noticed that the contact pictures were now all distorted and oddly stretched in the People widget.  Clearing out the contact picture, re-cropping and re-applying did not fix the issue.  Also, another more frustrating bug has presented itself in the SMS app.  After I receive an SMS, my contact pictures disappear and I get the default grey silhouette.  They re-appear spontaneously after some time only to disappear again after I get another text message.  I have confirmed that this is affecting other people as well via Android Central.  http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/319268-sms-contact-picture-4-3-a.html

I have also read about some folks having issues with Google Now, sending and receiving SMS or with account sync not working.  Please reply if you are having any other issues and post a screenshot if possible.  My goal is to be able to compile these issues into a single thread for easy access and to provide relevant links that give either solutions or more info on the problem.  Thank you!

Ivan

123 REPLIES 123
GrandMaster

Re: Known issues after 4.3 update

Can you check into the HTC sync not syncing. Never noticed it before but noticed it after the update. Settings, sync, HTC. I'll snap out a ss in a bit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Screenshot_2013-10-04-20-51-00_1.jpgIt won't let you sync though.

Also the data signal strength must do so swell when you are connected to Wi-Fi. I'm connected to Wi-Fi. and an airave and the bars drop often. Non airave deal

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Doesn't*

Journeyman

I'll look into it for you as soon as I'm off of work (I work nights).  I've read that some folks are having issues with account sync for FB, Google, etc etc.  Also, if anyone has any solutions for any bugs encountered, please share.

Cheers.

GrandMaster

Correct. That's what I'm seeing here as well. The HTC sync I randomly came across while checking Google and fb sync.

Journeyman

Performed a factory reset.  Still having same issues.  This is not good!

Journeyman

After the upgrade My computer will no longer sync with the phone, I get an error message telling me that I need to upgrade this devices software, and when I check for upgrades it tells me Im up to date. So the phone will no longer sync with my computer

Journeyman

Same here.

Journeyman

I have noticed, more than anything that Google's voice isn't as sharp as it once was when giving directions on Maps. I don't know if this is an issue or my ignorance but i have it set up for my phone to daydream when charged and it won't do it automatically. I have to manually start it.

The android system takes up about twice as much memory as it did before. I was astounded. My phone gets warmer much more quickly.

Also when receiving a call, I answered and the screen very quickly blacked out and came back. It didn't do that prior.

I looked at the photos for contacts and when expanded, they are a bit distorted.

Journeyman

Also the Proximity sensor is not working properly. During the call when you remove the phone from your ear, the screen suppose to light up. It doesn't do it anymore, I have to press power button for screen to come on.  

Journeyman

I am having issues where wifi will continuously connect and disconnect.

I checked another phone at a store, and I saw the same thing was happening.  I even performed a factory reset, but the issue still present.

I also have the proximity sensor issue (although I think it needs to be recalibrated via update) and I have the contact picture bug in messaging.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat