cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Update Introduces Bluetooth Issues

Journeyman

Latest Update Introduces Bluetooth Issues

Updated today and when connecting to my car, bluetooth drops out constantly.  Is there a way to revert back to previous versions of the OS or a fix to bluetooth connectivity issues?  Anyone else having bluetooth issues?  I have done a hard reset, let the battery drain and recharge and also cleared the bluetooth cache.  Nothing works.  Looks like they should have waited longer to roll this out than they already did over at HTC.

23 REPLIES 23
Master

Re: Latest Update Introduces Bluetooth Issues

JJDOBSON - We apologize for the inconvenience this update has caused you. Unfortunately there's no way to revert back to the previous version OS. We will report this issue and see if we can provide a resolution quickly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we appreciate your patience. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing happened to my phone this morning! Please help.

GrandMaster

is it for multiple cars and other bluetooth devices or just one car? i can connect up to my trucks BT just fine..i do this daily even after the update..also not unheard of for a cars built in BT to need some type of update so its compatible with the phone again...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well...just checked and it works on my 3 year old computer, but doesn't on my 2 month old car that it did work on previously.  There are no updates for my car currently...that's a chore unto itself to check for upgrades and then to apply seems like it's a colossal project to do as well if one was available.   A phone that worked previously, now doesn't based on the upgrade to Lollipop.  Makes the whole "hands free" point of the phone/car moot now...even though state law requires me to do so.  Where do we go from here?

GrandMaster

keep in mind though that any app you have on your phone usually needs to be updated as well or it doesnt work correctly. usually most devs get to this prior to a major OS updating come out since they get a preview of it just for this reason.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

App is up to date; Lollipop isn't.

GrandMaster

Lollipop is up to date..the apps are what must be updated in order to work with it..

Journeyman

Okay, well then let's just say the Lollipop implementation broke something that was previously working and still works with IOS units on version 6, 7 or 8.x as well as Windows OS phones.

GrandMaster

youre now comparing apples to cats..if youre going to compare at least be in the same ball field with it. example..currently the S5 is ALSO having issues with BT after this update..but again its only with factory BT set ups so far that i have seen..this would also be across multiple carriers...not just Sprint.

Journeyman

I have my phone and service with Sprint. I'm pretty sure Sprint gave the go ahead to release this OTA, so that's where I go to find recourse. I pay Sprint, not Verizon, not AT&T and not T-Mobile. The fact that you mention there are the same issues across carriers and phones proves to me that Lollipop needs the updating.

GrandMaster

which means the both Google and in this case HTC need to get on this..the fix would be from them on this one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat