cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop update - no more scrolling notifications?

Highlighted
Patron

Lollipop update - no more scrolling notifications?

Just updated my M7 to Lollipop and I'm noticing the notifications are different in-app. For example, no matter what app I was in prior, if I got a new SMS or email, it would alert via sound and then scroll the sender and first 2 lines at the very top of the screen. In preview articles about Lollipop, it looked like a large white box floated down from the top with the preview. I'm getting neither....no scrolling or white box. All I get is the associated envelope which sucks b/c now I don't know if I need to stop what I'm doing to immediately address.

Were scrolling notifications/top down notifications disabled for this update for Sprint users?

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: Lollipop update - no more scrolling notifications?

TIffW1277

We apologize for the experience you have been through. Were you able to troubleshoot your phone using the Sprint Zone application? How long has this problem been going on?

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Patron

No, I wasn't able to troubleshoot. The issue started after updating to Lollipop today. I'm looking for notifications to occur as shown in the article below. As I asked in my initial post, I'm not sure if this is something Sprint eliminated or what, because I've been all throughout the settings pages and I can't find how to ensure I can see them. In Kitkat, the texts scrolled line by line on the very top of the screen.

image.jpg

Master

TIffW1277

This is not a feature we blocked. You may have to contact Google for this update. Thanks for your time and patience with this matter.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Patron

Thanks for replying but telling me to contact Google is not helpful without telling me specifically who to contact, where. So Sorint rolled out this update and there is nobody at all on staff that can troubleshoot this issue with/for me?

GrandMaster

sprint doesnt roll out these updates..this comes from HTC..which prior to that came from Goggle...Sprint has a bit of a mix in it but over all the update itself is from HTC/Google.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

AActually, they do. Google/HTC send the updates to each carrier, who then tweak it for their phones and services. That's why Sprint M7's see the dead "wifi calling" app after the update but it works for T Mobile. Each carrier tweaks for a few mos. we also don't seeM to have the "Interruptions" page that was covered in many of the Lollipop articles from last year.

so, me asking Sprint specifically about seeing notifications makes sense...if the update wasn't tweaked they would be working as shown above, no?

Master

TIffW1277 --

We have notified our device managers of your issue. We will post an update with a possible fix or more information as soon as possible.

- Julian
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

im well aware of how it all works..by the by your screen shot up there doesnt show what device that is for. is it for the pure Google devices or the ones that would be watered down like all the other devices out there that ARENT the Nexus line? are you seeing this ability on another carriers M7? or the S5 that received it roughly the same time?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also for what its worth that ability actually sounds like a tablet only type of deal..not exactly a lot to go off of with that ss

Patron

Thanks Julian, I appreciate it.

Wizard

Hello, did you actually look in the setting for the app? I have noticed that sometimes when you get an upgrade some of the settings are turned off. Then you have to put the settings that you want back! Most people don't take precautions before the upgrade which can cause issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat