cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple replacements for this lemon of a phone, anyone else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Multiple replacements for this lemon of a phone, anyone else?

I've had my phone replaced 3 times with tthe dreaded purple tint issue,where under almost all lighting conditions, there is a purple stain over most of my pictures, and the focus is complete crap. The "like new" phones I got through my protection plan all ended up with the same issues, and and unfortunately I can't upgrade through Sprint until January. The only answer I keep getting is that I can try repair or replacement, but I should not have to go through this so many times for a $700 piece of technology, if this was a car, there would be a recall.

So frustrating,, I'll never be an HTC customer again.  Easy pay is offered for early upgrade through Sprint, but then I'd be paying a great deal more for a new phone than if I waited a few monhts.  I shouldn't have to do that when problems I'm having are the fault of HTC and the model, not anything I've done. HTC also only offers to repair (which I'd have to pay for) or replace with another "like new" phone.

If there are continued issues like this, you would think Sprint would let you change your phone model without such high penalty, it's a dud!  I'm getting close to just paying early cancellation and switching carriers since in the long run it would still be cheaper than the options Sprint is giving me to resolve my issue now. If they still had the ability to buy out the rest of your contract to upgrade early, I'd be happier.  But right now, I'm a very dissatisfied customer of Sprint and HTC.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Multiple replacements for this lemon of a phone, anyone else?

sarahod23, We're sorry that you have been having issues with your device. We want to see what we can do here on our end. Please send us a private message here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X. We look forward to working with you. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

the phone would only be recalled if it was something that could cause injury..which the purple tinge isnt going to kill anyone anytime soon..

anywho the purple coloring is a bit hit and miss from phone to phone. its more than likely going to need to be fixed with a OS update or patch from HTC themselves..i have it on my phone but only notice it in dimly lit areas..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well said sarahod23.  The phone has camera issues, it's all over these boards and the web.  Sprint obviously knows about them.  Yes, the fault ultimately lies with HTC.  But we are Sprint customers, with Sprint contracts, we have no relationship with HTC.  Sprint could step up and announce a plan to make its customers happy -- allow early upgrades, waive early termination fees, offer a bill credit, etc..  Doing something would make customers consider sticking with Sprint going forward.  Instead, just like you stated, all its HTC One owners can't wait to cancel and switch carriers.  So yes Sprint will probably get a few more months from us, until our contract ends, but then lose us all when we sign up with ATT/Verizon/TMo for 2 years.  If it was smart they would make some kind of allowance, then most of us would probably stick with Sprint and maybe even sign a new contract.

sarahod23 wrote:

If there are continued issues like this, you would think Sprint would let you change your phone model without such high penalty, it's a dud!  I'm getting close to just paying early cancellation and switching carriers since in the long run it would still be cheaper than the options Sprint is giving me to resolve my issue now. If they still had the ability to buy out the rest of your contract to upgrade early, I'd be happier.  But right now, I'm a very dissatisfied customer of Sprint and HTC.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat