cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new HTC One has terrible reception when I had awesome reception on my old EVO 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

My new HTC One has terrible reception when I had awesome reception on my old EVO 4G

I miss my EVO 4G.

While I understand I have to get used to my new phone, it's frustrating to find that the HTC One doesn't have 4G coverage where my EVO did. I'll done ALL the updates (Also, most of the time I would get an error message when i didn't before). At work for example, I would ALWAYS get 4G coverage with the EVO, on the HTC One the receptions terrible, sometimes barely get 3G and never have 4G. Shouldn't a newer phone not have these issues especially since an older one didn't? I'm in the same exact places as before but never get 4G now.

Is there something that can be done on Sprints end?

zipcodes

HOME 90631

WORK 92805

If you need anymore of my info please let me know.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: My new HTC One has terrible reception when I had awesome reception on my old EVO 4G

they will need the cross streets for both zips to narrow down the towers you would be connecting too. no physical address though.

for what its worth depending on which evo youre talking about (im guessing either the original evo, 3D or the one that came out right after the 3D) the old evos used 4G wimax...the newer phones use 4G LTE..night and day difference between the 2. no phone to date will use both the old system and the new one. the new one is still under deployment across the nation.

for california these are the cities that have hit the magical 40% give or take marker to be publicly announced as having live LTE. just because your area isnt on the list does not mean work is not either under way or starting up soon.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: My new HTC One has terrible reception when I had awesome reception on my old EVO 4G

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

I did the Debug screen and noticed my RSSI was -.39 to -.49, I was reading on other feeds the it should be -.50 to -.80.

I wonder if this might be part of the issue with my phone as well as the LTE coverage.

cross streets

90631 harbor blvd & la habra blvd

92805 ball street & anaheim blvd.

GrandMaster

which area are you in reading your RSSI?  is it under eHRPD? if so i currently have REALLY good reception and the average for data speeds on 3G and im reading pretty much the same as you are. .32dbm

wait..does your show - in front of it?  punch into your keypad ##update#...let it go through and reset your profile and PRL after...then go back in and see what its reading.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

MoniMoLove,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding service concerns.  Fireguy_6364 is right when he stated the difference in 4G technologies.  I've checked the cross streets given, no open service alerts shown.  Any change in service since last post?

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi there Darryl,

I received an update for my phone about a week ago, (I think it was only a security update) but service at my house improved after downloading.

My only problem area is at 92805, but I'm guessing it's because I work in an old building. (apparently it was built during the JFK times.)

I just sometimes have to put my phone on airplane mode for a second so the signal restarts.

Thank you all for your help! Especially you FireFly!

Wizard

MoniMoLove,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear service improved at home since the update.  Do you start to get reception once outside the building at work?  It could possible be the building.  Further down the line, the 800 MHz spectrum that was used for iDEN Nextel but has since been decommissioned, that spectrum will eventually be utilized for CDMA Sprint services.  The 800 MHz spectrum has better in-building penetration.  Again, this will occur in the future but I don't have a date when these upgrades will start.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi,

I have the same issues, my old evo 4g would get reception everywhere even in places the verizon wouldn't work, but now i can't get reception in those same places too... Why? At work in areas that i do have reception it will all of a sudden go to roaming. When i pick up my son from school which is up on a hill the highest spot in the area too, with a cell tower within 100yards I get one bar, but it's fine as soon as I get away from school. My phone updates every night too is that right? my other phone updated very rarely.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat