cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New symbol after update

Journeyman

New symbol after update

After installing the update, I noticed a new symbol up in my notification bar. It kinda looks like the letter N. Does anyone know what this is? I went to a Sprint store and they had no idea, neither did tech support on the phone.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: New symbol after update

That is the stylized N logo for the NFC radio. Akin to the Bluetooth B symbol. Its official name is "N-Mark" and is explained here: NFC Forum : N-Mark

Journeyman

Thanks...after some searching, I figured it out also.

Journeyman

GUY8G65,

Thanks for the post. We are happy that your question was answered. If you have anything else that is need. Please reach out to us. We are here to help.

Social Care

Lamar

Master

There was a nice discussion about how stupid this was a while back when it first got discovered. Was hoping it didn't see the light of day myself. But apparently it has.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

"Near Field Communications"

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat