cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone decided it doesn't want to connect to LTE today

Journeyman

Phone decided it doesn't want to connect to LTE today

I've never had a problem with LTE connection in my One before, I bought it back in May. I got the 4.3 update 12 days ago, and have been running it happily. Today, away from my home wifi, after a few hours of normal usage, I noticed that my signal was 3g, rather than 4g. I tried to fix it by turning it off and back on. I tried to reboot. I even ran profile and PRL updates. Nothing worked. My phone doesn't want to receive LTE now. None of my family are having this issue with signal, so it is almost definitely my phone.

19 REPLIES 19
GrandMaster

Re: Phone decided it doesn't want to connect to LTE today

is everyone standing right next to each other? and after the update to the phone was this the first time you were out in a LTE covered area? or has it been picking up the signal fine up until recently?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It had been working fine. And it is actually working again today.

Journeyman

GrandMaster

it wouldnt be due to the upgrade to the phone...it would either work or not work..not back and forth..to be honest it sounded more like a tower issue than  the phone itself..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wizard

dark_4181,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad the 4G connection has been restored. It sounds like there may have been some brief maintenance on your local tower.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hey carlos, how bout getting some issues fixed regarding LTE at my tower. I'm in a fully LTE covered area yet, I'm not picking it up unless I leave this area. When it went fully functional in my area, earlier 2013, I did pick up the signal for brief moments. I didn't think too much abt it as I thought they were still working kinks out and I was using wifi inside anyway. Now it's apparent the signal is not getting to me. Thank you

Journeyman

Hi all,

I live in the city of Emeryville CA across the bay from San Francisco and there are towers in my area but my HTC One barely gets the LTE signal unless I a few hundered feet from a tower so I get mostly 3G and my phone sometimes doesn't connect to the 3G signal even when I have all the bars of reception displayed! I do think these phones have a reception problem on the data network of Sprint. I've had 3 of them that had the same problem. I did put another SIM card in the phone that  too but that didn't seem to do much to improve the data connection. I don't think I had this problem with my Motorola Photon Q when I had it!

Ron

GrandMaster

as long as youre showing a data connection up top there then the bars youre seeing are your supposed data strength..the second to last HTC update borked this up..so instead of doing as they always have with every phone out there and showing your voice signal it now shows your data signal strength unless you either turn off your  data connection or that data connection drops..i have no issues picking up LTE signals with my One..its still pretty hit and miss all throught SF and the surroundings.

Journeyman

I'm not getting LTE in an area that is completely LTE but, I always have full bars showing. What could be going on? I do get LTE across town when I go there but, the bars don't seem to ever change. It's always full or full up to last bar.

GrandMaster

is it showing 3G or 4G up top? if youre able to try to do a screen shot of what youre showing on your phone (make sure nothing personal info wise is showing in the screen shot ) and try to post it in here so we can see it as well..also if you have the app installed already try to do a speed test as well and either screen shot it as well or post what the results are. ping included and which data connection it was showing up at the top while it was happening.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat