cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Ambassador: Kid Mode - A great tool for parents

Journeyman

As a parent I find my kids constantly swiping my device. This is where Kid Mode, preloaded on the HTC One E8, comes in handy. Take note that most of the content on this app is geared towards younger children. When you open the app for the first time it has you build a profile for your child. This includes selecting apps your child is allowed to play. Kid Mode also limits access from visiting the play store or random internet sites. It also keeps them from downloading additional games that might be advertised in the approved apps.

Screenshot_2014-09-26-10-07-08.png

Kid Mode also comes pre-loaded with an audio book (The Three Little Pigs), educational videos, a paint suite and video mail (This is a premium feature). While only one book is unlocked you are able to purchase additional books through the parent’s dashboard. Once nice part of the children’s book is the ability to save your own recording that will play back to your child. As for the videos most are shows that you would find on PBS kids. These are streamed over the internet so you must have data access to watch them.

Screenshot_2014-09-26-10-07-56.png

This screen shot shows the dashboard once your are in the app.

Screenshot_2014-09-26-11-02-03.png

The above screen shot shows what the eBook looks like. The image of the father / daughter is a video of them reading the book. This can be recorded over with your own video reading of the book.

The premium version is based on a monthly subscriptions model. The premium subscription gives you access to all of their educational apps and books, but it is not required to use this app. Overall I would recommend any parent with a young child to try out Kid Mode.

Until next time,

Aaron

(Your friendly neighborhood Sprint product ambassador)

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.