cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Proximity sensor issue

The proximity sensor caused me a lot of grief during the important call yesterday. Couldn't control the screen, couldn't use the keypad, what a mess:((.  I wonder if anyone had this problem resolved with the FR? Or perhaps I should wait for an update/fix? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Vman96,

Yikes! Not being able to use your phone while on a call is not good! Do you have a screen protector or case you can try taking off to see if it fixes it? Once you flash your phone, we will not support it any more. I would personally wait for the update if it is a software issue.

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Tuesday-Saturday 1-10pm mst.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Samantha,

Evidently this issue accrued after 4.3 update, so I can't blame screen protector:)). Other than that the phone functions decently I would say. I guess I'll wait for an update, hopefully  they'll come up with it soon enough.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue, along with other problems,  since the update to 4.3.  I talked to HTC support over the weekend for 1.5 hours and my case has been escalated.  I did 2 factory resets, the first using HTC backup manager which caused a roaming guard problem, the second set it up like a new phone option. The only problem remaining is the proximity sensor issue.  They are aware of it now, they said they hadn't heard of this problem..  Of course.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since both of the factory resets didn't resolve the issue with sensor, I definitely going to wait for an update!

Thanks motomike13!  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat