Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped and Tracking

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Shipped and Tracking

maydalis1 wrote:

If it's UPS, you can go online once you have the tracking info and change delivery preferences, i.e. give permission to leave package at door, change address, or hold at location. But this is assuming you get the tracking info on time

Well, not exactly.  Since indirect signature is required, you can't formally bypass that, and you certainly can't change the delivery address.  Not sure why you assumed all that, though it's true that sometimes parcels are eligible for being held at a UPS facility.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moondroid wrote:

maydalis1 wrote:

If it's UPS, you can go online once you have the tracking info and change delivery preferences, i.e. give permission to leave package at door, change address, or hold at location. But this is assuming you get the tracking info on time

Well, not exactly.  Since indirect signature is required, you can't formally bypass that, and you certainly can't change the delivery address.  Not sure why you assumed all that, though it's true that sometimes parcels are eligible for being held at a UPS facility.

It's not an assumption. It's called UPS My Choice. Not to sound like I'm advertising for them but those are options they offer. I've used them before. And YES, you can certainly change the address.

Highlighted
Journeyman

But without a tracking number, it's all pretty much moot, right?

As the mod said, the phones will probably be out for delivery by the time we get any tracking info, so I don't know what we could do.  Personally, I'm working from home Friday, but if it shows up tomorrow, I'm screwed.

A few times in the past with UPS, I've signed a post-it note that says "please leave package on porch" and leave it on my door.  Seems to work, but not positive any of those were signature required/indirect signature required...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Basically, yea

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know anything about the status on wen the phones get delivered????

Highlighted
Journeyman

haapojak wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the status on wen the phones get delivered????

Yup.  Read this thread. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I order all my phones online with sprint and they normally ship phones overnight via UPS..

Sometimes i even see the tracking number hours before the package get deliver..

So calmdown

Highlighted
Journeyman

maydalis1 wrote:

Moondroid wrote:

maydalis1 wrote:

It's not an assumption. It's called UPS My Choice. Not to sound like I'm advertising for them but those are options they offer. I've used them before. And YES, you can certainly change the address.

Rather than insisting you're right for the sake of just being right, go check it out yourself -- see where you're wrong -- come back -- and retract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moondroid wrote:

maydalis1 wrote:

Moondroid wrote:

maydalis1 wrote:

Rather than insisting you're right for the sake of just being right, go check it out yourself -- see where you're wrong -- come back -- and retract.

Don't you think I did just that before replying the first time?? Please tell me. Where am I wrong?

Highlighted
Journeyman

maydalis1 wrote:

Moondroid wrote:

maydalis1 wrote:

Moondroid wrote:

maydalis1 wrote:

Don't you think I did just that before replying the first time?? Please tell me. Where am I wrong?

Good lord, you're stubborn.  Read all the fine print:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/umc_authorize_shipment_release.html

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/umc_different_delivery_options.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, it all holds true unless the shipper flat out states that no changes be made to the delivery. I've had phones shipped by Sprint in the past and was still able to make changes. Do you think it'll be different this time around?

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, girls, you're both pretty. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat