Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shows data is connected, but can't use data

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Shows data is connected, but can't use data

HTC One M8 in Albuquerque. Whether being connected to LTE or CDMA, I have either the 3G or LTE symbol in the status bar at the top showing connected and the "mobile data" in "settings" shows connected, but I can't use data! I can't use data for anything, including HTC Weather, Facebook, Chrome, anything. I can still talk and text, it's purely a data issue.

I've updated Profile and PRL, and reset the device, and this issue is anywhere in the city, I live on the west side, but have recently been most of the way east, so it doesn't seem to be a singular tower. This problem started yesterday, so it's been occurring for more than 24 hours now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Shows data is connected, but can't use data

JDLIVEIT We apologize that this is your current experience. To better assist, please send us a private message by following this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . We will check for any open service tickets for data issues.

- Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I fixed this by dialing "##72786#" and forcing the PRL to reset. Works now.

Journeyman

I'm having same issue in Iowa.

Journeyman

Good luck, I've done this too & all seems to go back to norm for awhile then claps out again. Hope you have better luck than me

Journeyman

Was there any solution? I'm having same issue.

Master

Gruelac, So sorry for the service issue you're experiencing. I understand this can be frustrating. Please click here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send a private message to SprintCare with your account information.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Master

Gruelac, Allow us to address the issue. Visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send a private message to SprintCare with your phone number and the best time to call.
Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

the agents pm links are usually borked up. use this one. Send private message .include your phone number, account security pin as well as your zp code and the closest cross streets to the main problem area..also include

-are other devices being affected or just yours?

2-what all things you have already attempted.

3-is data the only issue or is the problem affecting your calls as well?

4-best time for them to call you and whichever number would be best for them to do this.

for now you can also post your zip and cross streets in here and they might be able to see something...no physical address or personal info is to be posted in any of the threads in here..site safety..so keep that info to the pm's only and ONLY to an agent..they have the socialcare name as well as the sprint pen drop logo under their name.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat