cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker phone on by default for calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Speaker phone on by default for calls

Since the KitKat update I've been having this weird, sporadic issue with the speaker phone being on by default when making/answering phone calls. Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, have you found a fix?

34 REPLIES 34
GrandMaster

Re: Speaker phone on by default for calls

i noticed it popped up the other day for me..thought i might have hit the button by accident. and yes...its quite sporadic. the only times i have really noticed it happen was while i was in my truck with the phone plugged in charging..i havent noticed it any other time so far while unplugged..i'll test it out today when i get time to make sure that isnt the case..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am having this issue and it is driving me nuts. 

Master

SpenDeR000,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your device after the update. What device do you have? I know there are still some bugs that are being worked out with the update on certain devices. Also @bluedog7272 what device are you using? I would like to see if this might be device specific or brand specific.

Thank you,

Anthony
Social Care Team
Journeyman

Is it not obvious that I have an HTC One? Lol. Pretty sure I posted this on the HTC One boards. I even tagged HTC/HTC One in my post.

Anyway, to (re)clarify, I have an up-to-date HTC One handset as does everyone else in this thread I'd assume.

GrandMaster

you would be surprised at how many people blooper this and post about their issues in a thread that has nothing to do with their phone lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

SpenDeR000,

Thank you for responding. I do apologize I did not see the tags on the bottom of your post in regards to it being the HTC One. Have you contacted HTC to see if there is a fix for this issue? Also have you backed up your device's data and tried a hard reset of the device? Please let us know.

Thank you,

Anthony
Social Care Team
GrandMaster

i believe this is going to be one of things that will need to be fixed with another update and not with a HR or FR..also there isnt an option to even turn this off or on..at least not that i have found yet..so thats another one they'll have to look  into.

Journeyman

Since the update whenever I'm talking on the phone it sounds like the other person is walking in the wind. So annoying. Almost like their speaker is on. Took it to Best Buy. Did a hard reset and still didn't fix it. Sounds alright if I have my headphones in. This is on a Galaxy S4

Master

We're aware of this issue and a ticket has been created. We have notified the manufacturer and this issue should be resolved in the next update. I appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution for this issue.

Sincerely,

Colleen

Sprint social care
GrandMaster

update...any and all calls since this post have not kick started the speaker phone automatically...odd

Journeyman

My wife and I both have HTC Ones and have both experienced the 'straight to speakerphone' issue since the Kit Kat update.  I've also noticed a much greater frequency of applications crashing/stopping - even built-in apps.

And regarding ohioguy84's comment about the other person walking in the wind, I don't know if it's exactly the same scenario but what I've seen is this:  When I'm using the included headset it seems that the mic is always live listening to any kind of audio, including Spotify/Pandora/ the HTC music app. It's been driving me nuts because the ambient noise sounds like static anytime I'm listening to music.  I haven't noticed that as much when I'm making calls using the headset but I suppose it's possible it's related to his issue.

-No one

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat