cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Fun with BlinkFeed on the HTC One E8

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the features on the HTC One E8 that I have really been enjoying is HTC's BlinkFeed.

If you like to keep up with the latest news items relevant to your interests, BlinkFeed is a tool you need to use. HTC’s BlinkFeed is a newsfeed on one of your homescreens. It allows you to keep up with your interests and see your friends’ updates as well.

To set up your BlinkFeed, simply...

• Swipe right to open the menu.
  • Tap on the three vertical dots (menu) and select “Add content.” 

Screenshot_2014-09-28-19-49-11.png

Screenshot_2014-09-28-21-45-09 2.png

You will be presented with different categories and recommended sources...

Screenshot_2014-09-28-19-54-31.png

• Tap a category to see what is available. The content list is dynamic and growing, so you may want to check back in this area from time to time even after your BlinkFeed is set up.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-19-57-30.png

• To add a customized topic, while in the "add content" section, click the magnifying glass at the top and enter your search item. In the case of the example below, I typed in "Chicago Bears" as my topic to add to BlinkFeed.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-20-01-38.png

• Another cool feature is “Read later,” which enables you to store an item for offline viewing. Long press on an article to save it for later, and it will add it to your HTC News reading list.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-21-21-54.png

• You can also add photos, tv listings, and other personalized items. Select “Services & Apps” to add these items.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-21-45-09 2.png

• To refresh your BlinkFeed, just pull down the screen from the top.

• You can also share your BlinkFeed items to other apps and services on your device.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-21-27-34.png

BlinkFeed is really such a helpful and fun tool to use. I suggest you give it a try if you haven't done so already.

If you have tried BlinkFeed, what are some of your favorite items you customized your BlinkFeed to display? Please feel free to share in the comment section below.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.