cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC Backup on the HTC One E8

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the irritating things about setting up a device is having to reinstall apps and then enter your usernames and passwords into those apps. If you have a lot of apps, it can become quite tedious unless you have a solid backup.

I have been using the HTC One E8 for about a month now, and one of the things I really enjoy is having a daily backup enabled on my device. Via the HTC Backup app, my device is automatically backed up once per day over Wi-Fi. I also have the ability to backup my device manually anytime via Wi-Fi or the Sprint network.

The HTC Backup app saves your device’s apps, settings, and app passwords (except for Facebook and Google). It supports over 150 settings, including…

• Home screen - app shortcuts and widget layouts
  • BlinkFeed categories
  • Sense TV remotes and viewing preferences
  • Social network accounts & passwords - Flickr, LinkedIn
  • Mail accounts & passwords - Exchange, Hotmail, POP/IMAP
  • Evernote account & password for HTC Notes sync
  • Personal dictionary
  • Alarms
  • Bookmarks
  • Stocks
  • Weather and world clock cities
  • Wallpaper
  • Wi-Fi networks

Something to note, the HTC Backup app does not backup your photos, videos, music, or documents. However, Google’s “Photos” app and the Dropbox app will privately backup your full-resolution images and videos automatically (you need to enable that feature in both apps).

To enable HTC Backup or restore from an existing backup, tap the HTC Backup app icon and select either Change Backup Settings or Restore From Backup.

Screenshot_2014-10-13-18-44-40.png

You can select which cloud storage account you want to use for your backup.  I chose to use Google Drive, but also had the option of using Dropbox.

Screenshot_2014-10-13-18-44-14.png

I factory reset my device last week, restored it using HTC Backup and it worked extremely well. I highly recommend you use it on your HTC One E8 device. You can download the app from Google Play at HTC Backup - Android Apps on Google Play.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.