cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - HTC E8: Blinkfeed Experience

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have always been a fan of Flipboard since it started.  Having my HTC One E8 with the HTC UI Sense 6, Blinkfeed is the home page!  There are a number of articles suggesting how to remove Blinkfeed from the home page, but I decided to give it a try.  To be honest, I quite like Blinkfeed albeit with some improvements I probably can leave Flipboard and use Blinkfeed instead.

So you get started with a Blinkfeed Highlight like this:

This screen shows all the latest newsfeeds that you are interested in, including your Facebook Newsfeed, Twitter etc. should you wish to include them.

Slide from the left edge of the screen will show you the types of contents that you want to include:

You can also use the above screen to browse through your favorite content sources.

It is quite pleasing to slide through the interface and view everything that you are interested in briefly displayed.  You can just dive in any topic by selecting the image.  It is my mode of checking what is happening around my world while walking away from my desk or any brief break.

HTC may want to up its favorite contents as currently there are only very few we can select from.  Do not know if it is a business relationship issue or not.  One thing I noticed also is the update seems to be slow coming; last week about an hour after the shooting incident outside the Parliament house in Ottawa, I went to blink feed but did not get any update.

The interface also has some drawback.  For example, for Facebook newsfeed, when you select the item you can view the post, but there is no way for you to share (you can like or add comment).  Maybe there is a restriction on Facebook API that HTC cannot get to.  You can see the example I show below, the first screenshot includes to Facebook post heading, and the second screenshot is the Facebook news itself: there is no button to share the posting.

With that being said, I am in no hurry to look for ways to remove Blinkfeed from my home screen, and likely continue using it as long as I have the HTC phone.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.