cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: E = Extreme Battery Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

Battery life is super-important to every smartphone owner: it's part of what makes a wireless device "wireless." How many people do you know who carry a USB wall charger in their bag? I know many. Being tethered to the wall isn't really wireless.

Thankfully, HTC included a plentiful, 2,600 mAh Li-Po battery in the One E8 device. That, combined with Sense 6.0 UI offers efficiency and power control at your fingertips.

I normally run my One E8 in normal "Power Saver" mode. By enabling Power Saver mode, the device makes small, dynamic adjustments to CPU, display, notifications and connections to obtain maximum life while maintaining maximum connectivity. The device "learns" your habits and makes adjustments around your normal usage so that you don't notice any perceptible difference in performance. What you do notice is that when you go to bed at night, your One E8 still has half or more battery life remaining.

The HTC One E8 still has a trick up its sleeve for extreme uses and desperate times to ensure you stay connected: Extreme Power Saving mode!

Extreme Power Saving mode makes drastic changes to your device and connectivity. In doing so, it preserves the most critical and important features for when they are needed, like making or receiving a phone call, sending or receiving text messages, and checking messages as needed.

Screenshot_2014-10-14-13-24-43_1.jpg

What does Extreme Power Savings mode get you? How about as much as THIRTY HOURS of connectivity when your device battery is only at 10% capacity. Read that again: ~30 hours of connectivity with only 10% battery life. BOOM! So go ahead and plan that camping trip and don't worry about packing extra batteries.

Settings > Power > Extreme power savings mode

HTC makes "deploying the life boat" easy and automatic. You can configure Extreme Power Saving mode to automatically kick in at 20%, 10% or 5% battery life remaining. (You can enable EPS all the time, but your smartphone experience would be less than optimal, and that's no fun.)

Screenshot_2014-10-14-13-24-43_1.jpg

I hope this helps you get the most from your HTC One E8, and gives you some comfort that you don't have to lose access to vital connectivity even when you are far away from a charger.

Until next time,

Your Sprint HTC One E8 Launch Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee