cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on HTC quietly brilliant screen after update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stuck on HTC quietly brilliant screen after update.

Hi,

Last night there was a notification on my phone that an update was available  so I proceeded to download and and run the update.  Plugged the phone in to charge while it did that and went to bed.

Woke up and the screen is stuck on the "HTC quietly brilliant"  splash.

If I hold down the power button the  back and home buttons light up and blink.

I tried holding down the power + down volume and that just causes the back and home buttons to blink.

I googled this problem and saw there is a "bright light" trick to get the phone into a menu.  I was able to do that and chose "FACTORY RESET"  but phone stalled again at the HTC quietly brilliant splash.

Any ideas what I should do next?

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Stuck on HTC quietly brilliant screen after update.

Bump. I have this issue as well. I'm hoping when the battery dies it will boot up normally. Going to just leave a rubber band pressing on the power button to burn as much power as I can....

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i wouldnt keep that button held down for that long..it can pre wear it out. odd seeing as how long pressing the power button normally will cause the phone to go into a simulated battery pull. if its still stuck at the loading screen take it into a repair store..they will be able to see it first hand and hopefully figure something out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same exact thing happened to me. Took it to Sprint store and they could not troubleshoot or fix the problem. So, getting a replacement. Interestingly, they were not aware of the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same exact thing happened to me. Took it to Sprint store and they could not troubleshoot or fix the problem. So, getting a replacement. Interestingly, they were not aware of the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue occurred for me. Notified of update, plugged in phone, downloaded successfully. Then installed and then stuck at logo. Took to Sprint repair, had it overnight and they could not troubleshoot or repair. So getting a replacement. Interestingly the techs were not aware of the update. Also interestingly they tried to pin it on me a little bit - i.e. did I have it plugged in or did I download the correct update (they thought it was a European install?). Weird. Nope stock phone, not rooted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you have insurance on your phone?Went to the sprint store and they told me it would cost $50 to replace the phone since I don't have the insurance , or to go through HTC since it's under the year warranty.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

basically its going to boil down to how long you think you can be without your phone. sending it into HTC can take quite a while at times..figure shipping there..then them actually messing with your phone and all their testing..a whole bunch of back and forth...then the shipping back..i have heard of people being without a phone for a few weeks up to a month..so which sounds better? no phone for a month or kicking out 50 bones and getting swapped to another phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had insurance. But they originally wanted to replace it under warranty which would have entailed sending it to HTC and having them analyse it and send it back. They said that would take about a week. Kind of silly because if you drop it and use the insurance it will supposedly take less time. So, they said they would use the insurance and waive the fee. Mine still hasn't shipped so we'll see. Since it's not your fault and appears to be a known issue I would see if they'll replace it for free without having to send to HTC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint store would not waive the $50 fee. Since I still have my old EVO 3D I had them activate that while my phone is being sent to HTC.  When I was on the phone with HTC I made sure they would send me a prepaid shipping label so it would not cost me anything to FedEx the phone to them.

I hope they are able to resolve the problem quickly. 

Highlighted

dinonj,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your HTC device. It looks like you have taken the necessary steps in troubleshooting the issue. Keep us posted on the result of your manufacturer replacement.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

Fernand0123,

I hear your concerns. Please take your device to your nearest repair center for diagnosis.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat