cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow Lagging with Messages App

Highlighted
Journeyman

Super Slow Lagging with Messages App

I did the update 2 days ago and ever since the Messages app has been insanely slow. Once I click on someone in the Messages screen, it takes a while to open, then it takes a while for the keyboard to pop up, then it takes a while for the keyboard to show what I've typed, then it takes a while to send the massage. It's driving me nuts!!! I've tried restarting my phone and clearing the cache but nothing helps.

45 REPLIES 45
Master

Re: Super Slow Lagging with Messages App

HALLMEAGHAN -

Thanks for reaching out. Which update did you do recently? Are you using the stock messaging app or a 3d party app? I'm here to help.

- Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's whatever software update came out for the HTC One 2 days ago. I'm using the stock Messaging app

Master

HALLMEAGHAN-

I would like to try to send a refresh to your device but will need some account info. Please send us a PM: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X Thanks.

- Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

its only happening with the messaging app correct? not with email or anything else you must type in? if so download a 3rd party app like handcent (i run this one) or gosms...pull that one up and see if the same problem happens..if it doesnt then its the stock app..if it still happens go ahead and delete that 3rd party app..mainly youre doing this to narrow down the culprit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am having the same exact issue.   The lollipop update from a few days ago ruined my texting app.  Very slow using the stock texting app.  I installed Handcent and it wouldnt let me send texts at all.  That is the only problem I am having but it is very frustrating.

Journeyman

Handcent wouldn't work at all for me either. So frustrating.

Journeyman

Same for me. Stock messaging is driving me crazy. Everything is slower, but not as slow as messaging. Exactly same issue. Grrrrr.

Journeyman

And it's the 6.16.651.2 update

Master

jDUNN46

Here to help. Do you have the Htc One as well? What forms of troubleshooting have you done?

- Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have had the same problem since the update on my HTC One.

So tired of Sprint... We all pay too much for inferior service, but are stuck in these awful contracts.

Journeyman

Same issue here (among others).  SMS at types has a massive typing lag or just doesn't respond for some time.  Reboot makes no difference.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat