cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When headset connected notifications still audible on speaker

Journeyman

When headset connected notifications still audible on speaker

When  I have a headset connected, either blue tooth or wired, everyone around me can still hear the notifications. I went to the Sprint Store their only suggestion was to turn down the notifications, this is not a solution because then I wouldn't hear when a message comes in.  Is anyone else having this issue or is it my phone?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When headset connected notifications still audible on speaker

STILLBEELIEVE,

Thanks for reaching out to us! What device are you using? You can also go to http://bit.ly/bz2DmU and search for your device! Let me know I'm ready to help!

Lucia

Social Care

GrandMaster

i'll test this out when i get home..unfortunately i only have the headset it came with so that will have to do. i'll post what i find

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Its an HTC One, and I use the headphones that came with it as well as a motorola bluetooth set I bought at Sprint.

GrandMaster

k i'll post once im home and have the headphones. all notifications coming across the phone while the headphones are plugged in or only certain notifications?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's all notifications.

GrandMaster

got it..i'll post what i see

GrandMaster

k this is what i got..notifications worked through my blueant BT device just fine..it DID however also kick the notification sound through the phone as well.. i was unable to test this with the corded headphones though..lost track of what i was doing lol..oddly enough though i have a bluetooth speaker box in my room and i dont remember it pushing the notification sound through the phone while it was connected to it..then again they are close together so maybe it masked the sound since the box is much louder..i'll attempt the wired once i get home..wrote myself a note to remember this time lol..i'll also mess with it on vibrate or silent with bluetooth on and see what happens.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat