cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why pre-order if you wont get the phone before or at same time it goes Public?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why pre-order if you wont get the phone before or at same time it goes Public?

Just spent almost anhour being transfered through Sprint...no luck...even though email FROM SPRINT says:

Shipped via: UPS
Click to track: www.ups.comwww.fedex.comwww.usps.com (it may take up to 24 hours for tracking to be available).
Shipping method: Overnight: Next Day PM

and UPS site says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 04/22/2013, By End of Day

I was told by Andy in order support that Overnight: Next Day PM, doesnt mean overnight shipping...what a load of crap. I wouldnt care if they hadn't set the expectation of overnight shipping...but being treated like a moron and being told that Overnight doesnt really mean overnight is troubling especially since I have a family plan with 4 lines.

Radioshack and the Best Buy here in Pittsburgh have the phone for $149.99...but I thought it would be best to go directly through Sprint even paying the extra...guess I was wrong...but as I was treated by Andy from Order Support...I must be a moron...well Played Sprint, well played.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Why pre-order if you wont get the phone before or at same time it goes Public?

JT-MCFC

Sorry about the miscommunication with the shipping timeline. Pre-order is an option which guarentees you will get a device. Depending on the device, there is a high chance the phone will sell out on the launch day. This is sometimes the case with local stores who offer pre-orders or pre-reservations.

Ruht E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why pre-order if you wont get the phone before or at same time it goes Public?

The Sprint generated email says: Overnight Shipping?

I didnt set that expectation..Monday 4/22 isnt overnight shipping from 4/18 is it? I could have taken the chance that radioshack, Best buy or the Sprint store near me will have one in stock tomorrow and I could even pay less through Radioshack or Best Buy.

The disappointment is that Sprint's email says Overnight Shipping and when I asked...Andy treated me like I was a moron and even though the email says what it does...thats not what it means......I pay almost $3,000.00 per year to Sprint (4 phones) and thats how I am treated?

If email said two day shipping, I would have no complaint. But....he did offer $10.00 credit...gee thanks.

Journeyman

My UPS tracking originally said Scheduled for Delivery On Monday, 4/22/2013, but just recently updated to show Scheduled for Early Delivery On Friday, 4/19/2013.  (See Below).  I'm sure this will happen with yours too. 

Friday, 04/19/2013
Monday, 04/22/2013
Approximate Delivery Time:
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Louisville, KY, United States, Thursday, 04/18/2013

Additional Information

####
04/18/2013
Package
3.00 lbs

Shipment Progress

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Louisville, KY, United States04/18/20132:06 P.M.Origin Scan
United States04/18/201312:28 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope so..CC289...I am probably more upset at this point at the way I was talked to by Sprint.

Highlighted
Master

Exactly. Pre-Order gurantees a phone will be made available to you.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat