cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One E8

0 Comments

In this blog I will cover my final thoughts on the HTC One E8. As a whole the phone is excellent. The device excels in many ways from its design to the internals. The preloaded software is pretty decent and HTC does a good job of pushing updates after the initial release. If you are looking for a great value then this is the device for you. There are some things I wish where a little different.

One of the big things for me is image quality in all settings. In good lighting the camera is on par or better than any device on the market. In low light settings I would have liked to see a two tone flash and a little bit better sensor. At this price though it’s still a great camera.

Overall if you are looking for value this device covers just about everything you are looking for! If you have any questions about this device let me know as I would be glad to answer them.

Thanks for taking a moment of your time to read my blog.

Aaron (Sprint Product Ambassador)

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

When it comes to buying a new cell phone one of the biggest things I look for is a great camera. Since I typically use a phone as my primary shooter I tend to value the camera over other specs. The E8 will not let you down for the price tag. The device has a 13MP rear facing camera and a 5MP front facing camera. Those are really nice numbers, but they can sometimes be a bit misleading. The amount of light taken in and other factors can really affect the image quality. The E8 does not disappoint when it comes to snapping a photo in decent lighting.

Photo 1 a.JPGPhoto 2 a.JPG

The photos above were taken while driving around KC. Both were actually taken as we were moving and as you might have noticed there is very limited, if any at all, motion blur. When it comes to lower light situations the camera is good, but could be a little bit better.

low+light+a.JPG

For the price this is one of the best cameras you can get on a phone!

Thanks for reading my latest blog!

Aaron (SprintProduct Ambassador)

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

If you enjoy using your phone as a handheld gaming device. The HTC One E8 might be the best phone for you. It is far and away one of the best phones I’ve ever used for gaming.  Let me start with the processing power…. It is super quick with a 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU and an Adreno 330 GPU. The processing power is a wonderful compliment to the beautiful 5 inch HD display. The reaction time is always immediate which provides a great experience. All of the specs are great, but they are very comparable to most flagship devices. The design is really where this phone separates itself from other devices I’ve owned.

Screenshot.png

One of the things I have really enjoyed is the HTC BoomSound stereo speakers that provide a great quality of sound. This might sound really crazy, but the placement of these speakers really work in the gamers favor. For example some other devices I’ve used have had speakers in really inconvenient places, like the bottom of your phone. Having the speakers on the face of the phone prevents you from covering the speakers and muffling the sound. When you tie all of these features together you end up with a wonderful gaming device.

If you’ve used this device or the M8 let me know what you thought of the gaming experience.
Face.JPG

Thanks for reading my latest blog!

Aaron (Sprint Product Ambassador)

0 Comments

As you may have been able to guess from our previous blogs, the HTC One E8 is simply a great device. In my personal opinion, its the best "mid-range" I've ever used. HTC has taken everything I love about the HTC One M8 they releaseed earlier this year, and wrapped in a less expensive package. Despite the huge discount to the customer, HTC gives you everything you need in Blinkfeed and Sense 6, BoomSound and even Motion Launch. Even the change in camera was, at the very least, a lateral move given the increase in resolution.

I've loved every minute of using this phone, and it has only grown my appreciation of how well-built HTC's products are. Combined with added features from the Dot View case, this phone should be on everyone's list when shopping for a new phone. Who doesn't want premium features and premium build for a discounted price?

Okay so let's review some of my favortie features on this great device:

Motion Launch. This is probably my favorite feature on HTC devics today. This lets you dive straight into your phone without haveing to wake it up first. Just swipe up/left/right (depending on what you want to do) and you're there! talk about productivity.

Dot View Case. The case that provides protection, style and functionality to your phone. There isn't a better option for your One!

BlinkFeed. The "One-stop shop for all of your news and social media content. You can customize what you see and its always a home button away from anything you're doing!

Oh yea, THE PRICE!! Just $99 for a 2year service agreement, or $0 down on easy pay for approved customers! For these reason and a whole lot more, I would reccomend this phone to anyone! Job well done HTC.

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit HTC One E8

- Your Product Ambassador Team

1 Comment

halloween-holiday.jpg

Get in the spooky mood with the HTC Dot View Case. HTC's Dot View series of cases are not only functional but also fun. HTC has built several fun holiday themes into their Dot View Case. I didn't have to Trick-Or-Treat at HTC or anything. it just auto-magically showed up today with an animated Jack-O-Lantern. Fun!

To get the fun holiday themed Dot View goodies, make sure you check the box next to "Use holiday themes" in the HTC Dot View app.

dotview-settings.png

I hope this helps you get more fun from your HTC Dot View Case accessory and HTC One E8 and One M8 device.

Until next time,

Your HTC One E8 Launch Team!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

2 Comments

My daughter complained that the WiFi speed in her apartment was pretty bad, most of the time she gets only 4-5mbps/sec although the internet service is supposed to be in the 20mbps.  She lives in an apartment right in the middle of all other apartment buildings near the campus.  Everyone is probably setting up their own wireless router for their own use.

So last weekend, while visiting her, I downloaded the “WiFi Analyzer” app onto my HTC One E8 to monitor the WiFi in her apartment.  Wow! Starting up the app and I saw that a number of routers were setting to use the common default channels: 1, 6 and 11. Her router was set to use channel 1 by default, hence there was lots of interference.  I changed the Wireless Router to use the channel 8, which is the least used based on the WiFi Analyzer app:

Her SSID is hundredacrewoods. Channel 9 was not used but seeing more nearby routers using channel 11, I therefore selected channel 8 instead.

After changing channel used on the wireless router, my daughter now gets consistently 12-13mbps downlink speed.

The really nice thing about the HTC One E8 is that the E8 does support 802.11ac (5GHz WiFi).  As you can see in the above feature there is the box 2.4G(Hz) near the top LH corner. This indicates the chart is for the 802.11a, 802.11n. 802.11g. if you touch the 2.4G box, you will see the app showing what is being used on the 5GHz channels:

It is a pity neither that my daughter’s device or the wireless router supporting 802.11ac yet. Otherwise I could change the wireless router to use the 5G channels that would have been perfect.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Besides selfies, there is another camera capability that is becoming more and more important in the social sharing community. GIFs. There is some debate on how to pronounce the word, (some say it with a soft "G" like in "George" and some with a hard "G" like in "Gary." Despite your preference for phonetics, the ability to create a GIF on your mobile phone might be something you'd like to know how to do. Fear not noobs, your HTC One E8 has you covered.

For starters, what is a GIF?

Its actually an acronymn that stands for "Graphics Interchange Format." If you'd like to read more on the specifics there are about 1bazillion links to read through, but you can start here. Graphics Interchange Format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Most likely you've run into this mutimedia format on any number of occasion. If you've ever seen a looping 1-3 second video on the interwebs, chances are it was a GIF in action.

Here are a couple examples of GIFs:

The 89 Funniest Sports GIFs Of 2013

Now that you're a GIF lover like me, lets explore how to make your own on the fantastic HTC One E8!!! There are just a few steps, but there is NO additional software needed.

Open the camera app.

Make sure Auto scene is selected.

Press and hold the (on screen) capture button.

This will take continuous shots for however long you hold the button up to 20 shots. After you release the capture button, you can choose to select the best photo or keep them all. For our purposes, you'll want to keep them all by pressing the back button. Now on to the Gallery!

Open the gallery app

Open the newly saved batch of photos

click the edit button

Trim your GIF

Click next and choose things like speed, direction, and frames

Click the check mark to save and of course SHARE SHARE SHARE!

You are now a master creator of GIFs with your HTC One E8! Enjoy!

0 Comments

I have always been a fan of Flipboard since it started.  Having my HTC One E8 with the HTC UI Sense 6, Blinkfeed is the home page!  There are a number of articles suggesting how to remove Blinkfeed from the home page, but I decided to give it a try.  To be honest, I quite like Blinkfeed albeit with some improvements I probably can leave Flipboard and use Blinkfeed instead.

So you get started with a Blinkfeed Highlight like this:

This screen shows all the latest newsfeeds that you are interested in, including your Facebook Newsfeed, Twitter etc. should you wish to include them.

Slide from the left edge of the screen will show you the types of contents that you want to include:

You can also use the above screen to browse through your favorite content sources.

It is quite pleasing to slide through the interface and view everything that you are interested in briefly displayed.  You can just dive in any topic by selecting the image.  It is my mode of checking what is happening around my world while walking away from my desk or any brief break.

HTC may want to up its favorite contents as currently there are only very few we can select from.  Do not know if it is a business relationship issue or not.  One thing I noticed also is the update seems to be slow coming; last week about an hour after the shooting incident outside the Parliament house in Ottawa, I went to blink feed but did not get any update.

The interface also has some drawback.  For example, for Facebook newsfeed, when you select the item you can view the post, but there is no way for you to share (you can like or add comment).  Maybe there is a restriction on Facebook API that HTC cannot get to.  You can see the example I show below, the first screenshot includes to Facebook post heading, and the second screenshot is the Facebook news itself: there is no button to share the posting.

With that being said, I am in no hurry to look for ways to remove Blinkfeed from my home screen, and likely continue using it as long as I have the HTC phone.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Having this device for the last 6 weeks has been fun. The Dotview case alone was very enjoyable and will probably be getting the Dotview case for any HTC phone that I get in the future,

The Extreme power saving mode has been a life saver on multiple occasions. I mean, 2 weeks of battery life on 1 charge? Just awesome. Cleary the mode to have if you are a very busy person that does not have time to stop and charge your phone.

The sound of this phone of course cannot be beat! Clear, crisp, loud sound coming right from the front of your phone? I love it. I use it all the time with my Spotify account. Well worth it to buy this phone even if just for the speakers and sound, the rest is just a bonus!

I have really fallen in love with HTC. They really take care of their customers. The HTC Advantage is proof of that! 100GB of cloud storage? free cracked screen replacement? dedicated product support? 2 years of guaranteed phone updates!? Thanks HTC for taking care of your customer! You guys have hit the mark!

Overall this phone is a very solid midrange phone. And i say "Mid-range" lightly, because it has the components and look of a top end phone without the price! For the money, you will not go wrong by getting the HTC One E8!

If you have any more questions or want to see more reviews of the HTC E8 or other upcoming phone, remember to follow me,

Your Product Ambassador team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Sprint Product Ambassador: Zoe and Final Thoughts

My last week as the Sprint Product Ambassador for the HTC One E8 and I have saved the best for last. I finally tried out the Zoe application. This application on the HTC One E8 (and M8) allows the user to both take a short video burst, but then also create a video and have advanced editing features on the device for photos.

As you know I judge an application based on if I can figure it out without having to use a guide. And the Zoe application met the gold standard of me creating a video in about 10 minutes.  First, open the application and create an account. Next press the + (plus) icon to choose the photos you want to have in the video stream. It then prompts you to choose the various sounds and themes, and then to share. Within record time I created this: https://www.zoe.com/UXJYOsgnoX2NjjOwvHId-AA/ from photos I took last weekend at a retreat in Michigan. And I am not a creative person, so this was fun to have a cute little video to share.

Speaking of Michigan, this phone was put through the test of “will it really work on less power, and can it work anywhere”. I was in Warren Dunes Michigan from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, and I purposely forgot my charger so I could properly test the “extreme power saving” mode. I surfed the web, checked Facebook, made calls, and took photos and more without any disruption in service, even down to 15% power. And even out in the woods! Way to go phone!

So as I wrap up, I will say that although I never had an HTC device before, nor would have bought one unless recommended to me – I now have been recommending this phone and am glad to have it as mine. The Dot View case is consistently a “wow” factor, and the phone is quite easy to use for a non “techie” like myself.

If you want to know anything else contact me on twitter - @alaskham01.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee   

0 Comments

One of the unique items that comes on the HTC One E8 is HTC’s Car Mode. It is a great perk to the device that is worth trying for any driver.

Car Mode offers an easy to read display with the most useful apps needed while driving, along with the ability to add your own apps as well.

You can use Voice Commands while in HTC Car Mode. Simply tap the screen with three fingers to enable voice mode. Some of the voice commands are:

• Call (ex: John Smith)
  • Play (ex: name of a band or song)
  • Find (ex: a gas station)
  • Ok Google
  • Help
  • What Can I Say?
  • Check New messages
  • Cancel

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-32-51.pngScreenshot_2014-10-27-17-34-14.png

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-54-23.pngScreenshot_2014-10-27-17-53-49.png

HTC's Car Mode offers the following options…

• Navigation
  • Dialer
  • Music
  • Speak
  • People
  • Settings
  • Exit
  • Plus symbol (allows you to add an app)

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-46-38.png

Navigation uses Google Maps for navigation, and it allows you to access your previous locations, recent and upcoming appointments, as well as nearby gas stations, restaurants, parking, cafes, bars, ATMs, convenience stores, pharmacies, shopping, and emergency locations.

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-46-50.pngScreenshot_2014-10-27-17-46-54.png

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-46-58.pngScreenshot_2014-10-27-17-47-03.png

Dialer brings up your telephone keypad allowing you to dial numbers.

Music accesses music that is resident on your device.

Speak allows for access to voice commands.

People brings up your contact list and organizes them by Favorites, Frequent, and All People.

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-48-53.png

Settings accesses the HTC Car Mode settings allowing for customization.

Exit simply exits car mode.

Plus symbol allows you to add your own favorite apps.

Screenshot_2014-10-27-17-49-20.png

--

I am in the car often and have really enjoyed using HTC’s Car Mode. It is a helpful and free tool for drivers. I recommend you give it a try!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I listen to a lot of music. So it’s no surprise that I carry around most of my music with me, either in the cloud or on my mobile device itself. It may also come as no shock that I prefer a device that provides the best sound quality on the market.

HTC has been at the forefront of mobile device audio output for a few years now. And although it offers premium sound, it comes at no cost to owners of the HTC One line of devices. Including the “mid-range” HTC One E8.

The E8 gives you two front facing speakers each with its own amplifier. It is simply the best sound and loudest speakers I’ve ever used on any competitor’s phone. And by FAR the best sounding “Mid-Range” device I’ve ever held in my hands. For the audiophiles out there, here are the technical specs of the BoomSound profile:

-Reaching volume outputs of 95 dB

-85cc top speaker chamber and .80cc bottom speaker chamber

-Distortion-free, clear sound

-Temperature sensing control

For more details about BoomSound and HTC One E8 devices, visit

HTC BoomSound™: Blast the volume you deserve #HTCOne | HTC Boomsound | HTC One (M8) | HTC United Sta...

0 Comments

Picture1.png

The last device I used was geared towards the sports and fitness buff. I love to exercise and I usually change up my routine often to keep things from getting boring. The E8 is not specifically built to enhance your fitness routine, but it does an excellent job at providing features to keep you motivated.

I live in Georgia where the summers are hot and the winters are non-existent. It is nearly impossible to run outside during the summer months, and even in October we are hitting high 80’s during the day. I have my own treadmill and elliptical so they get a lot of use from May-Oct. The treadmill can be tedious and can get a little boring over time so I always listen to music or watch football while using it. The best feature of the E8 is the front facing Boom Sound speakers. Ear buds can often become uncomfortable while running so being able to have awesome sound without putting anything in your ears is awesome!! The speakers are loud enough that I can hear it very clearly over the noise of the treadmill and won’t bother my wife in the other room. It also allows me to watch TV on the app I have with my satellite provider.  The screen quality mixed with the Boom Sound makes it the perfect combo for small screen viewing.

Now that the temps are cooling down during the mornings and evenings, my wife and I have been going outside to run more often. We both have the armbands that can fit most devices that are the same size and allow you to carry and interact with your phone while you run. The polycarbonate body of the E8 makes it noticeably lighter than the M8 which makes a big difference when you run. The E8’s GPS always locks on quickly and keeps its signal for the duration of the run. I use Fitbit and link it up to Endomondo and MyFitnessPal to record everything from sleeping patterns to calories consumed for a day to amount of exercise we do in a week. So while the E8 is not targeted to be a “fitness” phone, it does everything you would need keep track of your health. Even if you don’t have a fitness tracker, you can still use many apps on the Google Play store to sync up to the One E8. I have used many of them so let me know if you need suggestions or have questions!

0 Comments

HTC-One-E8-Sprint.png

My final thoughts on the Sprint HTC E8 are all positive. Calling this phone mid-range should be a crime because it is nowhere near that classification. The phone feels great in the hand and I didn’t worry as much about babying it compared to my M8. Now the M8 is the best looking phone made by my standards. The plastic on the E8 made me feel a little better about being more scratch resistant. I will say the camera on the E8 is great and really let me capture the moments that mattered to me. I am partial to the thirteen megapixel camera on the E8 vs the M8. I didn’t miss the IR blaster as much as I thought. I used it quite a bit on the M8 but learned to use regular remotes again. The battery life was as good as I expected being near identical to the M8. The first week was not stellar but the phone was conditioned and battery life stabled. Typically averaging between eighteen to twenty hours with normal use. I was using the HTC DOT View case and the added protection was fantastic. This case didn’t add much bulk and still felt normal in my pocket. I enjoyed being able to see notification and answering the phone while not having to open the case, the experience was much appreciated. The performance was amazing like I expected games loaded quickly and the ugly face of lag never showed within any app setting. The Boom Sound speakers are once again my favorite feature and will continue to be. Front facing speakers just make sense and once you experience it, speakers on the back are an awful idea when you have the quality of HTC sound in your face.

e8.PNG

0 Comments

I love customizing my phone. For the longest time, that meant having to download a launcher replacement. I think this is my first time in a while that I've stuck to the stock launcher, though. Here's why:

This may seem like a small feature to get excited about, but this is something that most OEM's forget to allow, Google included. The E8, running Sense 6.0, allows you to have Folders within the App Drawer, allowing you to organize your App Drawer. If you keep a spartan amount of apps in your phone, this may not mean much to you, but if you keep a lot of apps in your phone, this is a pretty huge deal.

I can have a folder labeled "Games" with all my games, a folder labeled "Media" with my "Youtube", "Netflix", "Hoopla", "Spotify", and other Media apps, and a folder labeled "Troy" with all of Troy's apps (Troy is my one year old, so that folder would hold things like apps like simple pianos, press the animal to hear their sound apps, and the like.)

Aside from being able to organize your apps into folders, you can also organize the order of your apps. This lets you move your most used apps to the top of the list so that they are easier to access. This leads to less searching for an app and more using said app.

Screenshot_2014-10-24-16-45-02.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

HTC-One-E8-2a.jpg

I grew up with in the era of Atari and the first generation Nintendo along with computer gaming and I've always loved video games. Unfortunately, as I get older the amount of time I can dedicate to games is not

what it used to be but I still will squeeze in some time where I can and the HTC One E8 really helps me get my "fix". I love stealth games like Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed and one of the most recent games I picked up from the play store

was Republique and it's all about stealth. check out the launch trailer:

What I love is the E8 has the horse power to really enjoy this game with no lag or hiccups, I love the dual speakers as it really helps you feel immersed in the game and the E8's screen is nice and bright and crystal clear. As I said earlier my

time for gaming has really fallen by the waist side but I love the fact that when I do have a min or two that the HTC One E8 will hold up and perform beautifully for gaming and at only 99 bucks you really can't beat it. I have to say that this has been

one of my favorite devices I've been able to test.

Still amazes me that 30yrs ago the first generation Nintendo came out at 199 bucks and was an 8bit gaming system and now I can play games on a device that is half that price and 100x's more powerful! Just check out these Quadrants benchmark:

Screenshot_2014-10-24-08-44-07.png

Overall the HTC One E8 is a powerful device with little cost. If you are in the market for a new phone check out the E8 you can't go wrong.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

There are just a couple of differences between the HTC One M8, and the newly released E8 besides cost (which is dramatic!) One of those differences is the camera. The HTC One E8 opts for the 13MP rear facing camera for crystal clear photos and capturing full HD videos and even a Slow motion setting at 60fps. The rear camera also offers digital image stabilzation for those of us who can only seem to take the shakiest of pictures.

For the front camera, HTC went with a 5MP front facing camera which enables you to take the perfect selfie! I'm not a big fan of those myself, but the sweeping trend seems to be clear, and the E8 is perfectly capable.

Here is a great comparison between the E8 and M8 cameras. HTC One E8 vs HTC One M8: camera comparison

Bottom line for me, this phone continues to impress me with its jam packed features and great specs at an amazing price.

0 Comments

I wanted to take the time to talk about something that is truly amazing with the E8 (And the other HTC One series phones). The HTC Advantage. This service comes with the HTC One E8 and I think is one of the biggest "Advantages" of buying a HTC One device!

The HTC Advantage gives you a few things.

1. If you crack your screen within 6 months of owning the phone, HTC will replace the screen for free ONE time. This is huge! You don't even need insurance (Of course after the 6 months you would need the insurance)

2. TwoYears of guaranteed updates to your phone (From the date of release). That means that HTC will not just drop this phone because a new one comes out! Peace of mind that you will have an updated phone for a long time.

3.  25-100 GB of cloud storage (Depending on the device). This is just awesome as well, not only do you get the 16GB on the E8, but an additional 100! No need to worry about running out of space.

4. HTC Provides live chat, phone, or e-mail support for the phone as well. If you have an issue or question, just give them a call or chat!

This is one thing i love about HTC and the E8. They really stand behind their products and make sure that the device will meet our expectations and continue to work throughout the time that we have it! Thanks HTC for such a great program!!!

Remember to follow me for more great review on this phone and many others!

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

0 Comments

camera-gesture.gif

photo credit: HTC

One of my favorite features of the One series devices is Motion Launch. I wrote an overview of Motion Launch back in September which gave a high level overview of all Motion Launch features. Here is my favorite Motion Launch feature of the bunch: Volume Buttons in Landscape

As the graphic above shows, with Motion Launch active, you can have quick and FAST access to the camera when you raise your device in landscape orientation and press the Volume Down button. You bypass wake and/or security settings and go right to snapping pics or shooting video (don't worry about security, if you close out of camera you must input your security or wake input to get to any other apps or data). It's that simple and fast. One other advantage is that a friend or child can pick up your phone and get a picture without you having to unlock it.

This feature came in SO handy at the KC Royals spirit rally last night at the Power & Light district in downtown KC. I was there with other Sprint employees, volunteering to show off some devices and get people signed up for some awesome give-aways. We were encouraging people to sign up for three great prizes: An accessory package which included a JBL Bluetooth speaker and Parrot mini drone; Autographed Royals jersey signed by Alex Gordon; A free Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport with two years of Sprint service.

Throughout the rally I was able to fetch my One E8, pull it up in landscape mode, press the Volume Down button, all with one hand, and be ready to grab some pictures. Here are a few that I was able to grab:

The rally was just getting started around 5 pm. We had our tent set up right next to the main "KC Live" stage.

IMAG0120.jpg

Rally going strong! They were showing video highlights of the Royal's post season play.

IMAG0126.jpg

...and the "big heads" came out for the rally....

IMAG0127.jpg

The "Living Room" was filled to capacity and was rockin'!

IMAG0128.jpg

Some of our Royals fans showed a little more "flare" than others. This woman went way, WAY beyond the minimum 17 pieces of spirit flare.

IMAG0133.jpg

And then we drew names for our prizes! This lucky woman was packing a Samsung Replenish with a battery that only lasts three hours between charges and on the fence about upgrade choices. She was SO excited to win a brand new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport with two years of service.

IMAG0134.jpg

All pictures were taken with my HTC One E8 using auto/default settings.

I hope this feature blog helps you get the most from your HTC One device. Until next time,

Your Launch Team Ambassadors

0 Comments

One of the things I love about the HTC One E8 is that it has HTC BoomSound Speakers.These speakers are dual front facing stereo speakers. Most other manufacturers put speakers on the backside, pointing away from you, which is not optimal. In addition, when you put those handsets down, the sound is muffled due to the speakers being on the back.

HTC has put the speakers on the front, directing audio towards you. When you put the HTC One E8 down, the sound is still projecting upwards towards you. Also, when you are holding the phone you are less likely to cover the speakers with your hand.

The HTC BoomSound speaker output will reach 95 decibels, which make these speakers great for listening to music, watching videos, and playing games.

In addition, HTC BoomSound has built-in amps. The top speaker chamber  is .85cc and the bottom one is .80cc. Their proprietary membrane excursion direct control optimizes your bass and volume. It also has bass to treble balancing software which provides distortion-free sound.

Another cool feature is its built-in temperature control. It will actually lower the power automatically to protect against speaker damage.

To get an idea of how effective these speakers are, check out the following YouTube video by HTC. Note: The video says “M8” on it, but the speakers are identical to those on the HTC One E8.

If you’re looking for a device that has tremendous sound, look no further, as the HTC One E8 is the device for you.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

From my first post on the HTC One E8, I was excited about HTC "responded" to my wish on providing a high resolution camera for the E8 over the M8.  I am sharing samples of the two cameras shooting same object with similar lighting situation of the two cameras.  I would express my preference here but beauty is in the eyes of the beholders so please so not take my comments as a confirmation.

I have also reduced the resolution of the E8 camera photos to the same size as of those of the M8. So the original E8 photos may produce more details than shown.  All processing were done using Photoshop CS5.  All shots were made with camera auto setting and trying to focus the same area of the object.

This photo was taken with the cameras pointed directly to the bright sunlight.  The E8 performs a lot better in this case.  The color remains natural on the E8, the M8 looks very much over exposed and the details are lost.

On the above scenery, the E8 may be due to its higher pixel count gives us more details and much more true than the M8.

Again the E8 photo gives a more balance lighting and color effect than the M8.

I took this photo indoor, without flash.  The M8 gives us a brighter effect here, however the color is not close to reality. The E8 is performing relative well here.

I would prefer using the E8 camera over the M8 from now on, except in a very poor lighting condition.

Until next time.

Hung Bui

Your Sprint Product Ambassador

0 Comments

So one problem i normally have is my battery lasting as long as I do through the day. I am always on the go no matter what, thats just how I am. So its hard for my phone to last throughout the day. Well, with the Extreme power saving mode I no longer have to worry!

This awesome feature on the E8 ensures that my battery lasts. While in the Extreme Power Saving Mode you will still have access to your essential phone features. If you turn it on with a 100% battery, your phone can last 2 weeks! Thats insane! If you have 10% battey left it will last for 30 hours! No more worrying about  dead batteries half way through the day (Or week even!)

The E8 already has a great, long lasting 2600 mAh battery! This power mode just makes it better!

Remember to follow me to get more great reviews on many current and upcoming phones!

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

1 Comment

It is sometimes tough to find good cases for non-flagship phones. The E8 has the quality of a flagship but does not have the support from a lot of the top case manufactures. HTC has provided one of the most unique cases with their Dot View line but sometimes you need additional protection. I received the Dot View case and also bought the Fosmon Rugged case from Amazon. My past two phones have taken a beating when I have been exercising so I wanted to make sure I had the best protection possible.

dot.jpg

HTC Dot View - The Dot View case is one of the coolest and most unique cases I have ever used on a phone. It instantly transform the look of the screen and provides a ton of options to interact with your phone without having to flip the top open. It comes with a bunch of preloaded patterns to choose from and you can also use one of your own pictures to create an awesome effect. The best part about this case is that you can answer the phone and talk without having to open the front flip part of the case. People really are drawn to the case when they see it and its definitely a conversation starter. The downside to the case is when you want to use the phone to watch a video or play games. The flip part often got in the way and it became awkward to hold. The case is very easily removed so I ended up taking it off if I were going to use my phone for a long period of time.

fosom2.jpg

Fosmon Rugged – I ordered the blue Fosmon rugged case for under $10. I knew I needed something that offered extreme protection due to some recent mishaps with other phones. The case really stands out and has a rubberized raised textured back. I really like the look of the case but I know it is not for everyone. There was a built in kickstand which I never really used, but its good to have it there if needed in the future. The case added bulk in the width of the phone but it was nothing that made it feel too big. I really ended up liking this case and used it when exercising and was comfortable letting my nephews play with it whenever they wanted.

The two cases offered different values for the HTC One E8. The Dot View is unique and makes your phone look very futuristic. The Fosmon added extra protection and a good feel when using for a long period of time. I end up switching between the two cases all the time depending on what I am doing. You really can’t go wrong buying either of them!

0 Comments

Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC One E8: I let my kids use my phone!

I know the right thing to do is to recycle or donate old phones, but I often keep the old models as backup, and as “toys” for the kids. When they were toddlers, it didn’t matter if the battery was in or if it worked for just having a “real” phone to play with (instead of those plastic toy cell phones) was great.

As they are now in grade school, they are wiser, and know if a phone is doing anything. And mom’s phone has been used for a camera, and for some reason the maps and calculator provide amusement. I don’t tend to have games on my phone, but that is because I use it more for my work and connections.  And when I did let them play with my phone, I was always nervous they would accidentally call or text someone.

But the HTC One devices have a “Parent Dashboard” that allows you to set up a kid only view where they only can do what the log on lets them.  So I gave it a try and installed some games for them.

I judge an application based on if I can figure it out without having to look up instructions.  And the Parent Dashboard did pass that test, but I wish the application when opened gave an introduction type thing. You first set up a Zoodles account (with an email address) and then you add your kids to the dashboard, and then add what applications you want them to be able to access.

zoodles.jpg

Then when you want to let them use the Kids Mode, you open the “Kids Mode” application and then they pick their picture/log in and they are set!

kidsmode.png

And the best part is that the kids can’t accidentally access anything they shouldn't unless they go back to the parent’s dashboard and enter in the code (Which is the parent’s birth year, which I won’t tell them!).

It is a nice feature and will allow me to give them more responsibility too on using a phone, preparing them for their own phone (some years away yet).

• Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

For those who haven't seen the HTC Dot View update this week, the update is pretty amazing!

To quote the Play Store's "What's New" section:
1. Update and find out new secret features.

2. Music control panel lets you change songs and pause on the HTC Dot View.

3. Show third-party notifications and swipe up for quick launch.

For point number one, I can't wait to find out what the secret features are! There's something to be said about finding that unexpected nugget of goodness in an app.

Concerning point number two, the new music controls are great. They work by sliding up on the pause and down on the play. This is great because you don't accidentally pause or play a song if you hand wakes up the device while the case is closed, somehow.

DotView2.png

Image Source: Google Play Store

Finally, in regards to point three, certain apps will now show notificatios on the case, Facebook included! Sliding up will show you a nice animation before opening the corresponding app behind the case. It's great!

DotView1.png

One last note: I don't know if this was already a feature, but when the battery is low, it will now tell you the percentage from the case! Not only that, but while the phone is charging, it now shows you a charging animation along with the percentage of battery you currently have!

DotView3.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

Battery life is super-important to every smartphone owner: it's part of what makes a wireless device "wireless." How many people do you know who carry a USB wall charger in their bag? I know many. Being tethered to the wall isn't really wireless.

Thankfully, HTC included a plentiful, 2,600 mAh Li-Po battery in the One E8 device. That, combined with Sense 6.0 UI offers efficiency and power control at your fingertips.

I normally run my One E8 in normal "Power Saver" mode. By enabling Power Saver mode, the device makes small, dynamic adjustments to CPU, display, notifications and connections to obtain maximum life while maintaining maximum connectivity. The device "learns" your habits and makes adjustments around your normal usage so that you don't notice any perceptible difference in performance. What you do notice is that when you go to bed at night, your One E8 still has half or more battery life remaining.

The HTC One E8 still has a trick up its sleeve for extreme uses and desperate times to ensure you stay connected: Extreme Power Saving mode!

Extreme Power Saving mode makes drastic changes to your device and connectivity. In doing so, it preserves the most critical and important features for when they are needed, like making or receiving a phone call, sending or receiving text messages, and checking messages as needed.

Screenshot_2014-10-14-13-24-43_1.jpg

What does Extreme Power Savings mode get you? How about as much as THIRTY HOURS of connectivity when your device battery is only at 10% capacity. Read that again: ~30 hours of connectivity with only 10% battery life. BOOM! So go ahead and plan that camping trip and don't worry about packing extra batteries.

Settings > Power > Extreme power savings mode

HTC makes "deploying the life boat" easy and automatic. You can configure Extreme Power Saving mode to automatically kick in at 20%, 10% or 5% battery life remaining. (You can enable EPS all the time, but your smartphone experience would be less than optimal, and that's no fun.)

Screenshot_2014-10-14-13-24-43_1.jpg

I hope this helps you get the most from your HTC One E8, and gives you some comfort that you don't have to lose access to vital connectivity even when you are far away from a charger.

Until next time,

Your Sprint HTC One E8 Launch Team

0 Comments

thumb.JPG

It's apparent by now that the press absolutely loves the HTC One E8.  The fact that HTC essentially put a good majority of the M8's internals into a different chassis at an excellent price is wining accolades across the industry.  We've already told you about PC Magazine choosing the E8 for it's Editor's Choice award, but the praise doesn't stop there.

Here are some other notable quotes from the tech press on the E8:

On the inside, the fact that it's essentially an HTC One M8 automatically makes for one of the most compelling Android experiences out there — fast, beautifully designed and with software features that actually add value. Sense is Sense, and when it's paired with top-notch hardware it absolutely flies.

- Android Central

The speed, power and software experience is, with only a few minor exceptions, the same as the already excellent M8. In short that makes the E8 a compelling option if you're looking for a powerful and affordable Android handset.

- Pocket Lint

With similar hardware to the M8, the E8 delivers virtually the same level of performance. In the Quadrant benchmark, the phone scored 23,577 -- almost matching the M8's impressive 24,593. On the multithread Linpack test, the E8 got a high score of 847.571 MFLOPs over 0.2 seconds -- comparable again to the One M8's 878.5MFLOPs.

- CNET

The HTC One E8 is, for all intents and purposes, nearly a plastic carbon copy of the One M8. It retains all the awesome design qualities that made the M8 such an amazing smartphone, only differentiating itself by that polycarbonate shell.

- Android Authority

If you like the design and features of the HTC One (M8) but always found its metal build and price point to be a bit off-putting, the One (E8) is the phone for you. It takes the basic design and all of the great features of the M8 and places them in a solid polycarbonate casing that feels good in the hand and costs a lot less too.

- Engadget

The plastic doesn’t offend in any way, and there is no reason to consider it a cheap “out”. It may be plastic, but it’s solid. For that, HTC can be commended.

- Slashgear

The HTC One E8 trades the attractive aluminum skin of the M8 for slick polycarbonate. In so doing, HTC has created an alternate version of the M8 that carries over most of the more expensive phone's key features, but packages them a less expensive shell. Who is the E8 for? Well, if you're looking for something a bit lighter and less expensive than the M8 that still has flagship appeal, the E8 could be for you. It might also appeal to those who dislike metal, or want more color.

- Phonescoop

As always we try and share highlights and reviews from the tech media outlets that you value most.  We hope this gives you a little bit of insight into the kind of positive feedback the One E8 is getting.  Clearly, the E8 ain't your grandmother's plastic Android phone!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

HTC One E8 camera.PNG

This is one of my favorite features of the HTC One series (going back to the M7) is the ability to adjust playback speed when recording in slow motion. This makes for a lot of fun if you have kids in sports, taking it to a skate park, or just into making movies. You name it and there are tons

of opportunities to really add some "flair" to your video's by having the ability to slow down certain portions of it while the rest of the video plays normal. I did have a video of my nephew playing soccer but I must have deleted it by mistake as it's not on my device anymore but here is a

brief video on using this:

Here is how to record/edit a video and adjust the playback speeds

Playback speed.PNG

For more help with your HTC One E8 click here

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

One of the irritating things about setting up a device is having to reinstall apps and then enter your usernames and passwords into those apps. If you have a lot of apps, it can become quite tedious unless you have a solid backup.

I have been using the HTC One E8 for about a month now, and one of the things I really enjoy is having a daily backup enabled on my device. Via the HTC Backup app, my device is automatically backed up once per day over Wi-Fi. I also have the ability to backup my device manually anytime via Wi-Fi or the Sprint network.

The HTC Backup app saves your device’s apps, settings, and app passwords (except for Facebook and Google). It supports over 150 settings, including…

• Home screen - app shortcuts and widget layouts
  • BlinkFeed categories
  • Sense TV remotes and viewing preferences
  • Social network accounts & passwords - Flickr, LinkedIn
  • Mail accounts & passwords - Exchange, Hotmail, POP/IMAP
  • Evernote account & password for HTC Notes sync
  • Personal dictionary
  • Alarms