cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

connection problems

I wake up my phone to check emails and I get dozens of connection time out messages that I have to go through before I can read email. This is B.S. One message would be sufficient but I get dozens almost every time. This is a serious bug. Please fix it!

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Journeyman

I checked a few days ago and there wasn't anything there but after reading your email I checked again. The update is downloading now.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it didnt get released until this morning..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone having a problem after the 4.3 update where the data connection jus keep flickering off and on wtf it wasnt like this tried leavin it on cdma.only still doing it and even tried prl and profile update

Highlighted
Journeyman

All my problems went away with the latest update and the new HTC sync software. I had to uninstall HTC sync and then install the new one for it to work. The weird part is when I checked for an update (in the sync software) it told me I was up to date but when I went to the HTC site, there was a newer version. This newer version fixed all my syncing problems and for the first time since I have owned and HTC phone, HTC sync installed completely without an error message. They finally got it right. This morning there were no alerts about connection problems on my phone when I woke it up compared to 20 yesterday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've noticed since 4.3 the signal strength indicator is not showing the signals as strong, before 4.3 I would see 3 plus bars as a constant, especially where 4G is available, now most of the same area's are showing 1 and 2 bars. Anyone else noticed the reduced signal strength? Anyone have any idea's on a fix?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i noticed this while at my girlfriends house..before i started the update i was getting at least 2 bars..after the update it was a bit of a battle to get a signal. i noticed i dropped signal at home as well..and this is with a airave hooked up..but then it came back up...so not really sure what to look at on this one. someone else mentioned an issue with keeping a wifi signal..i didnt notice that..i did however notice im getting much lower speeds than i usually did prior to the update..not sure if its on my end or the phone itself though..i'll be checking into this later today.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

yea i am having the same problem it has something to do with the update sprint what is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it may or may not be though..its not wide spread with the One so far..it could have been just how it was downloaded into the phone..im going to give it a couple days..if nothing improves then i'll do a FR and see if that makes a difference..i'll post what i see and the results if it gets to that point

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I've been noticing even though the signal strength meter is lower, I am still getting good quality of service, even good LTE speeds, it used to be when I had a 4G LTE connection and only 1 bar, internet access was really slow, now with the same signal strength showing I am getting 4-7mb download. So I am wondering that if the radio software had a different meter level put in. Kinda what happened to the Iphone a few years ago, that was fixed by a software update that changed the scale. Has anyone had bad operational performance in the same area's they had good performance before the update?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it could be that its just more accurate now..not sure if youre aware or not but the bars are showing voice reception only..many misread this..mainly a FYI if you werent aware of this.

while at the GF's house i usually get 1-2 bars..she's down in a bowl when it comes to reception and sprint..but now im lucky to have 1 bar in the same locations..i'll see tomorrow if it was just a fluke and due to a tower blooper or if its due to the update..i cant judge it while at work since i already know they are upgrading my closest tower to NV so its been pretty hit and miss data wise anways..voice bar wise it hasnt changed a single bit here at least.

Highlighted
Wizard

smartguy2528,

Thanks for the post. Did you do the 4.3 update? Is this for the HTC one?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since I did the 4.3 update my signal is one bar down from 4 pre- update. I get dropped calls even with other sprint users,  and my WiFi goes on and off constantly. I did the prl update, reboot several times, forget and reinstall network, no change. Constantly getting network required errors. Can I uninstall update?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat