cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

connection problems

I wake up my phone to check emails and I get dozens of connection time out messages that I have to go through before I can read email. This is B.S. One message would be sufficient but I get dozens almost every time. This is a serious bug. Please fix it!

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
GrandMaster

unfortunately no...you might be in need of doing a Factory Reset like many others. as long as this isnt a bug that came in the update it SHOULD fix the issue and put all the files where they were supposed to be.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having the same connection issues - 0 to 1 bar of voice/SMS service virtually everywhere.  A factory reset seems to have fixed this issue - although I am still restoring from my last backup.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4.3 update degraded my connection severely.  Texts and calls not going through most of the time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes its for the htc one my 3g turns off all the time its frustrating and its not only me as u see others are sayin the same so u guys need to fix this !!

Highlighted
Wizard

baddtrevor,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately updates on any device or OS dont give you the option to uninstall just a heads up on that. You can try what Fireguy suggested,which is the current work around. Or you can take the device to a service and repair if you feel you are not able to do the steps to restore your device.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

smartguy2528,

Thanks for your post. Have you tried going to the HTC site to see if there is anything there that eludes to what could be causing this? HTC are the ones that put out the update, If the update is not 100% they would need to make a patch to assist in getting your device back from having all the issues. Have you done the factory reset as suggested above?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
GrandMaster

rumor has it that after the update the bars youre now seeing are showing your data strength..not your voice strength anymore...which if this IS the case is extremely stupid in my opinion...its a phone after all..i can see this helping a tab or a ipad ...but not a device that is DESIGNED to make calls first and foremost...

Known issues after 4.3 update

for those having issues..post them here so we can keep them to one thread. easier to keep tabs on them if theyre not all spread out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

If the bars are now showing Data signal strength vs Voice it would have been nice if that was listed somewhere. It would have saved me from doing a Factory reset of my phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im waiting on a confirmed answer to this one. i was about to do a FR when i got the notification of that thread in my email..some of the issues i have spotted may end up being linked to 3rd party apps needing to be updated to keep up with the newest update on the One..the others though im thinking not linked to 3rd party seeing as how its also affecting stock apps as well.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

just did a few more cycles on the phone..the stock texting apps contacts are working again..a bit delayed when loading their pics..but its working again..handcent is not however..which means handcent should be kicking out an update soon for this hopefully...1 issue resolved...well for me at least...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i also want to point out that if this IS true about what the bars are now showing reception for then im calling the person that decided this a tar d...its a phone..i can see something like this being done on a tab or ipad...but on a phone whos main purpose is making calls and youre going to exnay the one thing that shows if you actually have a signal or not to MAKE that call?..really?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat