cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollie pop Update phone crashed. If I redo ruu through fastboot will I have to reactive phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

lollie pop Update phone crashed. If I redo ruu through fastboot will I have to reactive phone?

So system update shows up and I plug in my phone and start the update. Come back a little while later, red triangle ! sign,  reboots, red triangle ! , keeps doing it. Google it and people said factory reset should work and it still doing it. Then more reading an people lead me to HTC support to restore the rom/ruu file through fastboot. I have download the file from htc and install it on my PC, if i continue and wipe my phone will I have to reactive it?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: lollie pop Update phone crashed. If I redo ruu through fastboot will I have to reactive phone?

Same issue here.  In addition to the reactivation question, is there any way possible to access the data on the internal storage before running the RUU restore?  I have a lot of photos and video I'd really like to get off the phone before it gets wiped.

Master

Re: lollie pop Update phone crashed. If I redo ruu through fastboot will I have to reactive phone?

You probably won't have to reactivate it. I've never had to when I installed that way.

As for your data, based on your description with the red triangle, in its current state, there's no way to access the phone data. You sure you didn't have everything being backed up to Google? You can verify this by going here, http://photos.google.com

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

takeouup,

That's not good. If you wipe your phone you will be prompted to go through the hands-free activation and phone set up process when the phone restarts. If you continue to see the same issues after this, please visit a Sprint service and repair store to have a technician check out your phone. You can find one in your area at Sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

you didn't take any precautions before you upgraded to Lollipop did you? you should have at least done a partition wipe to clean out all of the old temporary and junk files which can cause as new operating system to fail!!! Do a good cache clean too!!! Our phones will not work for long unless we do maintenance!

Journeyman

Good luck to all... I just spent 52 minutes and 23 seconds on the phone with HTC support. They were unavailable to do anything - anything! They have suggested maybe Sprint can do something. Not holding my breath. Does anyone know of a carrier I can switch to or another phone that might actually work?

Wizard

Hello, if you read the forums for all of the othr carriers you will find that there are a lot of people screaming about the same issues so chances are you will end up with the same issues! Do yourself a favor and go online search for your specific problem. The truth is out there. It is up to you to find them! You can fix your phone by yourself. I fixed mine and it works flawlessly!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat