cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving texts from iphones?

Journeyman

not receiving texts from iphones?

I recently switched from iPhone this past weekend, and now i cannot receive texts from other iPhone users. Their phone keeps trying to iMessage me. Any solutions?

14 REPLIES 14
GrandMaster

Re: not receiving texts from iphones?

is there not a secondary texting app that is NOT imessage on the iphones? i dont have a iphone nor have ever owned one so my thoughts or ideas are only one sided lol..also would there be anything under their contacts that could be changed so that their phones dont automatically try to send you texts through imessage?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If a contact in an iPhone is set up as iPhone, it will send as iMessage. If it is set up as mobile, it should send as a text. That as far as i can gather, whether that's the case, i don't know. But my wife has an iPhone, and I get all of her texts. Everyone else, it won't automatically send as text, they have to force it through as a text.

GrandMaster

have one of them delete your contact info...then readd it. test with them and see if that resolves it...hopefully it will no longer see your number as going to a iphone anymore.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi, go to your apple account , manage devices, remove your iphone and you should be good. i just made a post about it...

Wizard

glaser1985:

Thank you for reaching out to us via our forums.  If you still require our assistance, please do let us know.  If we do not hear back from you within 48 hours we will consider your inquiry resolved and closed.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

caramelapple87:

Thank you for contributing to the forums with valuable information.  Would you mind linking  that post to this one?

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am having this same issue!  I have tried power-cycling my phone, then I tried deleting my iphone from my apple account.  I am still not receiving texts from iphones.  This is very frustrating as almost everyone I know has an iphone!  Is there another fix?  I am desperate!

Journeyman

Ask your iPhone users to go into their settings under Messages and make sure the option "send as sms if imessage is not available" is on. Should work. But my wife says it still attempts to imessage me but eventually sends as text after s few seconds.

Journeyman

how long has ur phone been having that problem? r u the account holder? maybe they turned off incoming text through the sprint account

Journeyman

That's not the issue.

GrandMaster

go back in and double check to make sure your original iphone is still not connected to your apple account. you might even go through all your settings while in there to make sure nothing else is checked that might still be causing this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat