cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status notification bar won't pull down

Highlighted
Journeyman

status notification bar won't pull down

... on my HTC One.  I've reset the phone several times over the last 24-hours, but the problem persists. Please help...

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
GrandMaster

which reset have you been doing? is the rest of the screen responsive to touch but not the top portion? and the biggest question is going to be do you have a case on your phone?

you can also try this

pull up the dial pad and punch in *#*33424#*#  and it will pull up another screen. hit accept and it will take you into a diagnostics page. the one youre looking for is the line drawing test..make sure to go from the full bottom of the screen to the top then back down..youre looking for dead spots..if it tests fine top and bottom then there is something else causing it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

reset by turning phone completely off, then powering up, after a few minutes.

the rest of the screen is responsive to touch, but not the top portion.

no, the case is not on the phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah what you did is called a power cycle. its basically like yanking your battery from the phone (older styles that still had a removable battery)..letting it sit for a few minutes..then powering it back on.

im wondering if your screen has a dead area..jump into any messaging app you have..email..text..whatever..flip your phone to its side so it flips everything for you..then on the end that is normally the top barely put your finger to the edge of the screen and see if you can slide your conversations up and down..if it works then its not a dead area and its being caused by something else.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

also did you try that diagnostics screen drawing test to see if it draws all the way to the top or not?

Highlighted
Master

Bomchelle - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm here to provide some assistance. The last software update might be the reason your experiencing this issue. Try swiping down from the top of the screen with two fingers and see if the drop down menu appears. Let's work on this together. Please keep me updated

Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Have you had any luck?

Highlighted
Master

mlove8704,

Thanks for joining the conversation. Have you been able to try the diagnostics test that fireguy_6364 suggested. Otherwise be sure to power cycle the device and then perform a profile update on the device.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The diagnostic code mentioned in fireguys post did not work.

This one works: *#*#3424#*#*  

BTW, I'm having the same problem. After  HARD RESET to factory settings  I did the line draw test and couldn't draw all the way to the top border of the box.

The the drawing is blocked about 1/4" from the top of the box.

After the "line draw" test I did a "Update Profile".  Still have the problem.

Suggest a calibration function like the Palm Treo had.

Highlighted
Master

Wire_Les,

Thanks for joining the conversation. You may want to re provision the device. Dial ##72786#> tap menu>tap reset> at warning prompt tap ok> and hands free activation should start.

Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i dont think that nor the profile or PRL update will do anything for a screen issue.

@ Wire_Les

i missed a # lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem.

I already tried these things - cleared cache, completely powered down and left off for several minutes (10 minutes at least), removed case and screen protector (thought something might be on it causing it), drawing test (couldn't draw a line about 1/4 of an inch down the screen), profile update, and calibrated the screen. I'm out of ideas. It was working perfect before I left for work. 45 minutes later, it wouldn't work. I can turn the phone on the side and I'm able to pull it down that way, but that's highly annoying. Oh and from the lock screen, I can pull down the status bar to access the different settings. Its sounds like a glitch in the software. The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset and removing the sim card. Any recommendations to avoid a reset?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat