cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update - missing widgets and apps

Journeyman

update - missing widgets and apps

So I updated my phone when I received the notification that there was one available. Since the update my camera and video widget have disappeared as well as my internet icon. Anyone know how to fix this?

16 REPLIES 16
GrandMaster

Re: update - missing widgets and apps

what steps have you attempted so far? keep holding down the power button until the phone force shuts off and restarts...this is a simulated battery pull..try that one first..its not the same as just restarting your phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've rebooted as well as forced the shut down as you suggested and nothing. I no longer have a video or camera app on the phone. This only happened after the software update.

GrandMaster

hate to say it but it sounds like something didnt load right when you updated.. youre going to need to back up all your info with HTC backup and then factory reset that bad boy..any apps that you have to sign into will be fine after the backup...any that you DONT sign into or that are linked to facebook or whatever you will lose that data and save info...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If I use the HTC back up does that back up all my photos?

GrandMaster

as long as you dont check the box that says delete all data you should be fine..personally i would back all those up onto your computer as a "just in case"..again make sure you dont have the "delete all data" checked..

Journeyman

Did that and phone seems in worse shape 😞 pictures all there though but still no video and camera

GrandMaster

the factory reset process and having the phone recover itself and reupload everything should take roughly a hour to do..even with being on wifi and uploading everything..took me at least a hour and my home wifi is blazing fast.

Journeyman

The phone appeared to do it in abt 10 minutes nothing is still processing. Now some of my settings have disappeared and on chat line with rep

GrandMaster

what about when it prompted to refresh everything from the backup? on average the whole process is roughly about a hour depending on how much stuff you have on your phone..i have a LOT of pics and music..not to mention the many apps i have..

Journeyman

Same thing happened so frustrating had I known the new update would have done this I never would have went for it

GrandMaster

its never known if a update is going to bork anything up or not..some issues are there and hit everyone..other issues end up being hit and miss with people..in your case you got it but i didnt..i just double checked and took a quick 20 second video then played it back..worked like it should. by chance are the apps in the app drawer at all or are they gone from there as well? im heading home sick so my responses might be a bit late coming lol...im about to med up and pass out lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat