ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update - missing widgets and apps

Journeyman

Re: update - missing widgets and apps

Crazy. Lesson learned. Called HTC support and they did a factory reset after backing up all my data. Then turn the phone on and pictures gone. Totally frustrated they said I need a replacement phone. Some pics I have on dropbox but others are gone from the HTC cloud. Hope u feel better and thanks for your help.

GrandMaster

sorry to hear that...a bit late but try to get into the practice of backing up your photos onto your computer or laptop...for me i would be upset if i lost a lot of the info on my apps and whatnot..but photos are not replaceable...so i back them up once or twice a week...or at least when i remember lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The good thing is I have dropbox so it could be worse. I mainly lost collages and some downloads I had. I also send a lot of pictures to friends and family so I can locate some of them thankfully. Good thing I'm such a mamarazzi! Lol. But lesson learned for sure. I guess I was lucky when they reappeared from my reset and hers was a true hard reset? Idk..either way I have now downloaded the back up and will do it. Also makes less work later for cataloging.

GrandMaster

yah that HTC backup would save all of that as long as you dont check the "delete all data" box..i have had to do factory resets before and always dreaded them..which is why i will troubleshoot the heck out of a device before i even remotely think about doing one of those lol..but with the newer phones a lot of the info that you would normally lose with the FR the phone now saves and backs up...so instead of trying to re set up your phone for a couple days you can normally pull it off in maybe a hour now if not less..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

mystical911,

Thank you for the post and for the feedback.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat