cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will the HTC One will be a SV-DO phone?

Highlighted
Patron

will the HTC One will be a SV-DO phone?

i'm just curious, because if not, i'll stay on my HTC Evo 4G LTE!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: will the HTC One will be a SV-DO phone?

check a couple of the other threads in here..i could have sworn one of them had a link to some hands on reviews and that was mentioned

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

You may have to stay with the LTEVO then. So far, there has been no confirmation. One of the last reviews I posted in the reviews thread mentions lack of SV-DO, but has it been tested? Don't know.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

No, SVDO isn't supported.  SVDO requires multiple RF paths for CDMA/EVDO, which the One does not have.  I think the only phones on Sprint that actually supported SVDO were Qualcomm MSM8960 based devices (GS3, Evo LTE, etc).  Also, just for reference, the GS4 will not support SVDO either.

Also, to clarify, it WILL support SVLTE (simultaneous Voice and LTE), just not Voice & 3G

Journeyman

So... with the HTC ONE I'll be able to check something on the internet while I'm talking to someone on the phone BUT only if I am on LTE, but not if I'm only on 3g, correct?    But what about if I'm on wifi?    I use this feature quite often, couple times a week on my EVO LTE and would really miss it on a new phone (gosh every new phone seems to loose features I like).

Master

Correct, you would have to be connected to LTE or WiFi in order to also talk on the phone. Simultaneous Voice and Data aren't supported otherwise as it is with the LTEVO.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat