Enhancements/Fixes

• Google Security Patch
  • GPS Enhancements
  • International VoWIFI
  • I'ts On Integration
  • Accessibility Improvements

Important Notes

- Software version is 3.30.654.2

- This update is available now only for customer initiated request. Network initiated roll-out will start in batches from 11/05/14.

- Refer to the HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition Software Update article in Support for install instructions

40 REPLIES 40
Journeyman

Re: 10/29 - HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition Software Update - 3.30.654.2

Dear Sprint,

Please remove the ItsOn system application immediately from my phone. It is draining my battery more than all other system functions and apps. The app appeared after the recent update. It is causing me to have sub par battery life.

Sincerely, Tim

Master

theotrman - Thank you for posting. We do not have the ability to remotely remove an app from your phone. You should be able to remove the app from your phone by holding on to it then dragging it to the trash can. Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Does the app go under a different name. Is ItsOn named something else? Please research and give a detailed answer of why it's on my phone and why I cannot remove it.

It says in my link that ItsOn application is used by cell service providers so thry/Sprint can controll aspects of my phone.

I own this phone.

Master

Unfortunately, ItsOn is an integral app within the phones OS. It can't be removed like an app from the Play store. Best you can do is try to find the service and do a Force Stop and Disable if it allows. However, I don't believe you can.

By chance, are you on a Pre Pay Plan or a 2yr contract plan?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

theotrman

We are unable to remove any application on your device. You can definitely contact the manufacturer of your device and see if they are capable to do so. If you have anymore questions or concerns. I'm here to help.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Not sure what service.name to look for so I can remove it. Even if I could like you state, it is intergrated system app, only can remove it through an update.

I own the phone. Liked it so much that I bought it outright.

Master

Bought it outright, so your on a Pre Pay plan or something?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Shantoya, agree that you cannot, but Sprint can certainly remove this intergration if Sprint chooses.

Journeyman

No, went into a store and paid 699.

Master

Share Plan? or Individual Plan?

The purpose of the ItsOn service as I've read is to give the customer the ability to interact with their plan. For instance, say you have a shared plan with X GB of data. Using ItsOn you should be able to limit how much of that Data any one individual on that shared plan can use. For example, say you have kids. You can limit data, sites, functions like email, etc.. for their phones and then leave the parents phones unaffected.

Sorry, that's a simplified explanation. But all I've got at the moment.

--

Master

Hello theotrman,

Sprint does not create the phones, other companies actually manufacture the devices. Sprint has no liability in connection with the manufacturers' acts or omissions. We cannot remove the intergration.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat