Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Harmon/Kardon software update - version 6.20.654.3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• Update to Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow)
  • Sense 7.0

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 1/29/16 and will be completed by 2/5/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
  • For additional information, check out the software update article in Support
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8 Harmon/Kardon software update - version 6.20.654.3

After I performed this, my phone will no longer allow me to send text messages. I have tried to clear the cache, factory reset, etc. Thoughts on restoring this feature? I was on the horn with tech support last night for two hours trying different things, even dialing ##XXXXX# numbers. Please help!

GrandMaster

download a 3rd party texting app and test with that. odds are if youre able to make calls just fine but not send/receive texts then its probably the texting app..actually first make sure there isnt an update for the texting app in the play store..if there isnt google how to do a partition wipe on your device..this isnt a factory reset so you wont lose anything..if that doesnt work try a different texting app. main 3 well known apps would be

textra

handcent

gosms

pick one of those..download it..mark it as the main texting app when it asks..then test it..if it works then it was the stock texting app..if it doesnt then go ahead and delete it..unless you like it better.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the sound advice! I tried all of the above (clearing the cache, checked for stock text update, and a 3rd party (Google)). When I tried the 3rd party, it gave me an error in regards to the 4G LTE SIM Card error that has been displayed on my phone since long before the latest OS update. It's strange because despite of not being able to send text messages, I can do everything else (receive texts, internet searching, make and receive calls, etc.) and up until 6 PM Saturday, I could even send texts.

GrandMaster

thats weird. i wouldnt say its a SIM issue but for shats and giggles you might call around to the sprint repair stores and see if they have one in stock you can put into your phone in case yours is having issues. worst case scenario you might need to step back and punt a FR to that phone..by far make sure to back that thing up first.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah, I'm thinking that I have to go back a version of FW. Do you have info on doing this? I have not done this with a phone before. Your help is much appreciated!

GrandMaster

if youre meaning going back to the prior update no this cant be done unless you pretty much hack your device. not recommended unless you have done stuff like this before..to easy to brick your device.

Journeyman

Anyone have problem with your phone dropping calls...I've had 2 different HTC M8 and they all dropped calls...I truly think this phone is the worst ever...NO MORE HTC for me...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat