cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 won't download group messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One M8 won't download group messages

My phone stopped downloading group messages back in October or November. I went through call after call after call to customer service and even had one guy feel bad enough for me to give me his work email to ensure we would get something resolved. After days of tech support calling me and everyone blaming it on a different reason I finally convinced someone to send me a replacement. The replacement worked for a while and now I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure if it's related but my factory weather app won't work either. Data works otherwise and group messaging and the weather app work while on wifi. Please help.

24 REPLIES 24
Master

Re: HTC One M8 won't download group messages

Riedl - Thanks for the info. I would advise taking the device to a service location. Are others in the area having the same issue? If not this would most definitely be a device issue. Are you getting any errors when trying to download messages? have you completed an upgrade of the profile to see if that helps? - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I took it t. The only service and repair store close to me yesterday. It was a third party store and the manager who said he was the only certified tech couldn't do anything. He said he would order me a new phone. I knew more about the phone then him and he never even accessed my account. He actually just called me back and told me he couldn't order me a new pho e now unless I paid $25 fee. Why didn't he tell me that yesterday? He never even accessed my account until today. Anyway it's still not fixed. I've tried everything. It's not the network. My wife has the same phone and hers works fine in the same areas and I have even swapped back to my galaxy S3 to see if it was working and it was fine. Swapped back to the HTC and no data. That was when someone finally agreed to order me a replacement and it worked for about a month. Please help.

Master

Riedl,

I understand how frustrating this may be. I apologize for the trouble. I'm happy to help. I'd like to take a look at your account further. Please send us a PM http://bit.ly/1qQty1X. So we can check it out.

- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did a lot of my own research online last night and if you Google HTC group message issue plenty of stuff will pop up. Anyway at the moment I seemed to have fixed it myself with the help of other upset customers with the same or similar issues. What I don't understand is why Sprint isn't looking at these "known issues" that are obviously happening to more than one person and helping fix the problem. The "certified technician", who was also the manager, at the 3rd party service and repair store didn't have a clue or care to research the issue. I don't want a new phone...I just want mine to work. I'll PM you and you can take a look. Hopefully I fixed it but I'm willing to bet it will happen again and I'll have to figure it out on my own.

Master

Riedl,

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that seems to work, and again I apologize for the trouble. I know how important it is to have a working. Feel free to send us your information, if you still need assistance. We're here for you and happy to help. I can assure you we will explore every option we can.

- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I know that all types of phones have their own "known issues". If you really want to help, figure out why this is happening to me and everyone else online and on the Sprint forums and post a solution.

Master

Riedl, This seems to be a device issue. Have you tried contacting the manufacture to see if they will be able to replace the device. Tanisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I contacted them and spent another half an hour on the phone with them. Actually received an answer this time but still no resolution. They said it happens when a group message originates from someone with an iPhone. Since most of my friends have iPhones I can't get group texts. They won't replace it and said for me to initiate the group messages. I literally asked "if I have 3 friends who all have iPhones and they want to discuss where we are going to have dinner...one of them should call me and ask me to initiate the group text?"...and he literally said that would work. Oh and then he hung up on me. I need a solution. Fix mine, give me something else, switch carriers. I won't put up with it much longer.

Master

Riedl, I have passed this info along for troubleshooting. If the issue arises again, please let us know.
Journeyman

It's still an issue...just seems like it may be Apple causing the problem. I don't understand how nobody from Sprint is aware of this and could have saved me months of frustration. My weather app still isn't working unless on WiFi. Again, it is the factory weather app. Please help.

Master

Riedl,

Are you able to Force Stop and clear the Weather app's Data & Cache from the Settings Menu? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat