Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harman Kardon Evo M8 Update?!?!?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Harman Kardon Evo M8 Update?!?!?!

So my phone updated without even asking me and now my texting is in super lag mode. I want to bring my phone in but with my work hours I can't find time. I have had this phone for almost a year without a single problem and I have always bragged about it now its acting up. Anyone else with this problem? Should I uninstall the update (If that is even an option)? Or am I going to have to take time off of work to get this fixed? Also I have never dropped the phone or had any water damage so it has to be the upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Hello auddball,

Unfortunately, you can't uninstall the update. The manufacturer is responsible for creating the update then it is sent to Sprint for approval but we are not in charge of sending out the updates. The fastest way to get your issue resolved is to visit a repair store where one of our expert repair technicians have the tools and equipment to see exactly what you are experiencing. You can schedule an appointment before you go to the store by using this link: http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thread moved to HTC M8 HK forum. - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Master

What steps have you taken? Is it just laggy? Do you have it setup to delete old messages, or do you have all messages on the phone? Typically, when message database gets large, the app gets pretty laggy.

I would suggest, if you don't already, setup messages to delete older messages automatically. You can do this under the messaging app,

Menu > Settings > General > Storage Settings

Enable "Delete Old Messages"

Then adjust the two settings below that.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat