cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop OTA to begin this weekend

Highlighted
Master

Lollipop OTA to begin this weekend

Yes, Technical Approval had been given and the OTA will begin this weekend according to HTC,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sprint HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon Owners! We&#39;re ready to get an update out for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lollipop?src=hash">#Lollipop</a>. TA received today, OTA to start this weekend!</p>&mdash; Mo (@moversi) <a href="https://twitter.com/moversi/status/566309490501234688">February 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mo on Twitter: &amp;quot;Sprint HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon Owners! We&amp;#39;re ready to get an upd...

And HK users rejoiced.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the flood gates are now open for those freaking out because it didnt land on their device out the gate like it did for others lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just saw this tweet as well! I just hope I'm one the first people to receive it OTA!

BTW how do OTA releases work? Do certain people get it first or is it just random?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its sent in waves going by serial number batches so it doesnt overwhelm it. you can also manually try to search it once you see others are starting to get it..sometimes youre lucky and it pulls it right off the bat..other times it might be a while.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay thanks, I guess I'll be close to that update now button all weekend.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

personally i would hold off for a few days to see what all issues people run into before pulling the trigger..thats how i usually do it..well usually..this last one i just went for it but lucked out and didnt see any issues some others have seen. running rather smooth on my end with my M7.

Highlighted
Master

You will have to start manually checking starting tonight. It won't be pushed out for a couple weeks.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Sorry, I see Fireguy mentioned that.

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i thought it was starting up this weekend?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did they remove the multiple user accounts on this lollipop update ?

Highlighted
Master

It's starting this weekend for manual update checking. It gets pushed out to everyone else a couple weeks later in batches.

--

Highlighted
Master

Most likely. It's not isn't on the M7 out the std M8. So my guess is it won't be on the HK either.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat