cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will not communicate after weak signal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone will not communicate after weak signal.

This has become an annoying problem. When the phone goes into 3G, I will lose connectivity, even though I have 2-3 bars of signal. No data, no texts, no cell service (cannot make OR receive calls). Once the phone gets back into a LTE area, I will get an LTE signal, but the phone will not communicate as above. The only way to get the phone to work again is to reboot it.

Phone is running the 3.30.654.2, Hardware 005, PRL 51103. I've already done Profile updates, ##72786#, cache clearing, and even a hard reset on the phone (from the bootloader and from software).

This is a very annoying problem, because I don't know the phone is like this until I go to make a call, or someone tells me they have been trying to call. I seemingly didn't have this problem before the 654.2 update, and I am considering rolling back to a previous firmware (via RUU) to get the phone to work again.

20 REPLIES 20
Master

Re: Phone will not communicate after weak signal.

KK4BFN,

Have you tried to bring your phone into a Sprint repair store for this issue? Please let me know. Thank you.

Menia Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes. I took the phone to a Sprint service center. Their solution was to do a hard reset on the phone, which I have already done.  Their next suggestion was to lock the phone into 3G mode. That was an unacceptable answer. I never had these signal problems with my previous phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE - Replaced due to a bad microphone). Now, all of a sudden, with this new phone (which is now about six months old), I have all kinds of signal issues.

It's not a local tower issue that I know of. It happens to me at home and at work, which are separated by 125 miles.

Master

KK4BFN, Looks like you've done just about everything you can to get this resolved on your own.  We can take a look at exchanging the unit or another option to assist, but we'd need some information from you.  Please follow the link I'm providing for instructions to send us a private message: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Christy

Sprint Social care

Journeyman

I am having the same problem with mine.

Journeyman

And all Sprint keeps saying is "Take your phone to a service center." I've been there, and done that. All they want to do is wipe the phone and load some mystery "new" firmware to it that supposedly even Sprint itself denies having.

Master

KK4BFN

Did you send the private message as requested in the previous response. Let us know, please. If not, open this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X .

Thanks

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Master

hunior

What's going on? If you need some assistance, please don't hesitate. We are here to help.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Please check the message history. I have been in PM contact, and the above message is the result. At this point, the only solution I will accept is replacement of the phone with a new device.

Journeyman

My sons phone is having the EXACT same issue! Its like he was typing this here. I have been with Sprint for 12 years and I am absolutely disgusted with the lack of customer service and complete disregard for their customers. The staff at the Sprint store who 'aren't really Sprint" are so inadequate and talk in circles. Customer Service does the same thing. Keep saying how they want to help, but they really don't. I'm so disappointed and frustrated. I am looking for other options for a carrier because I am tired of being lied to... 😞

Master

BLARNEY - We don't want you to have to go to another carrier. Have you done any troubleshooting on the device? Click on the following link http://bit.ly/1isQFYi - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

IF Sprint really wants to resolve the issue, then they need to listen to the customer. I don't appreciate being blown off like we didn't have an issue because it couldn't be reproduced once the phone has been rebooted. When we did reproduce the problem, then someone did take notice, but the resolution was not a feasible one. The ONLY thing they could do they said was to take our new phone back and give us a refurbished phone. Well guess what, that didn't work... The issue appears to be a result of the latest software delivery. So I would suggest to back out that last version, test it thoroughly, then push it back out again.

I don't appreciate being treated like a moron. We did all of the troubleshooting at home and with tech support over the phone. We have been to the Sprint Repair store a minimum of 5 times in the past week. They have done their own troubleshooting. So YES, ALL THE FREAKIN TROUBLESHOOTING HAS BEEN DONE.

I work for an IT company and when a customer has a freakin problem, we actually listen and FIX it!

so to keep me happy, this is what I want:

1. My new phone back from the Sprint store

2. Sprint to back out the latest software upgrade (which im pretty sure at this point broke the dang phone!)

3. To be treated like an individual with a certain level of respect

I pay a substantial amount monthly for the Sprint phone services we have. I expect to be heard and I expect a resolution. Turning in a phone over and over to get another reconditioned phone IS NOT THE SOLUTION.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat