ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will not communicate after weak signal.

Master

Re: Phone will not communicate after weak signal.

BLARNEY Once your old device is turned in it can not be sent back. The latest software can not be retracted once it is on the device. If there is issues with the latest software a new must be released. We totally understand your frustration in this matter. Please be aware we are working on a fix. - Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So you are admitting that it is a software issue? Actually communicating that to customers would be a great way to alleviate frustration.

Journeyman

They aren't going to admit to anything that will end up costing them money.

My suggestion is to go to a cell phone modding website (like xda developers) and download the RUU for the particular phone you have. The RUU is essentially a program that will let you roll the phone back to a previous version of the software. (It's a recovery tool for messed up phones.)

WARNING: Running an RUU on your phone can brick you phone, making it a paperweight. Sprint WILL NOT warranty or repair a phone that has been modified. Running the RUU is not considered modifying the phone (as it comes from Sprint), but if you brick the phone, they will not repair it. You're stuck replacing it.

Journeyman

I've been having the same issue with mine. They did uupdates when I called from a different phone now my WiFi calling doesn't work. I also bought the Harmon kardon speaker from Sprint worked great for two months hasn't moved from the table I keep it on and I went to use it yesterday and it won't turn on or charge or do anything. Maybe the Harmon kardon product line isn't worth the extra money

Journeyman

Sounds like I might be switching back to Verizon

Master

Ian101987 - I can understand your concern. With the speaker, have you tried using a different charging cable? Please let me know, I'm here to help. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes I tried using the mini usb charger from my phone since it has that plug available. That didn't work either.

Journeyman

Contact HTC directly. They had my son reset something (sorry I don't remember what exactly). He did that over a week ago and has not had any issues since that we are aware of. HTC is the one who created the update and Sprint just pushed it out... Hope that helps

Highlighted
Master

Ian101987,

This is strange. I would contact HTC directly. Most of their products are covered for up to a year with a manufacture warranty.

- Duane
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat