cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition : Feeling Is Believing

Journeyman

hk-hero-phone-logo.png

According to Dictionary.com, sound is "the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium."  Ok, got it.  So how does one define good sound quality?  That's a pretty subjective topic.  As a teenager, I often ranked audio equipment by how loud it could get or whether or not it could output enough bass to knock pictures off the wall.  As I've gotten older, my criteria for good sound, especially pertaining to music, has evolved as I've experienced various types of audio equipment.  Some good and some not so good.  To this very day,  I cannot clearly define to you what good sound is, at least not on paper.  I just know that good quality sound isn't something that I simply hear, it's something that I feel.  When I listen to my favorite music on some good quality headphones, there's just no going back to those other ones.

Sprint's EXCLUSIVE HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition has been targeted at music lovers that will appreciate the optimizations that have been made to enhance the listening experience with the device.  On top of the software enhancements, the device also ships with a pair of pretty sweet Harman Kardon headphones that are very impressive.

So, do the enhancements justify purchasing the HK edition or is it simply just a gimmick?  For me, this is far from a gimmick.  I could argue that the included headphones alone justify the extra $30 that the device costs however it's really not just about any one accessory.  It's about the total experience.  It's about the way music feels when listening.  It's simply the best listening experience I've had on any mobile device to date.  The audio isn't necessarily louder, in fact in most cases I think the audio volume is a little lower with the audio enhancements turned on than with it turned off.  However, the clarity of the music is immediately apparent with the enhancements turned on.  The Clari-Fi and LiveStage features are definitely a win for this device.

I'd encourage anyone that is on the fence about whether to spend a little extra on this device to visit a local Sprint store and check it out for yourself.

Screenshot_2014-05-23-11-44-20.png

Until next time,

Dre

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee