cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Oops I cracked my screen!

Sprint Product Ambassador
I will admit it. I am one of those folks that see people out in public with a broken device screen and just shake my head. “Why?” I ask “did these people not spend just a few bucks to put a decent anti-shock case on their very expensive phone?”
I have been so paranoid about breaking screens in the past that I typically will not activate a new phone without a case in hand to slap on as soon as things are running. I am so proud of my multi-year track record of no brakes that do not even subscribe to any device protection plan.
Well you know where this post is headed right?
Picture if you will the beautiful metal design of the HTC One (M8) Harman/kardon edition. This phone is way too elegant to cage in a case.
Plus I have never broken a screen in the past. Unfortunately my track record is over and the blame goes to a simple selfie attempt while out on a wonderful Sunday afternoon with the Mrs.
We were having such a great moment that it just had to be captured. Now picture if you will the thoughts that ran through my head as the phone flew out of my hand and promptly proceeded to head right for the pavement. Bam! Crack!
Well here is the good news for HTC customers. The kind folks at HTC get that accidents happen and provide the HTC advantage for a “one time free oops” replacement of a broken screen within  the first six months of ownership. That is a $180 value and a great piece of mind. Whew thank goodness.
I have learned my lesson I hope. No phone without a good set of protection including Total Equipment Protection (TEP) and a case.
As for a case, I have found a $19.99 way to protect my phone thanks to the great folks over at Spigen. If you are looking for a drop protection case, anti-shock cushion is a must. If you are also looking to not compromise on the good looks of your HTC One (M8) h/k then something elegant is a must as well.
20140602_161933.jpg
The Spigen Slim Armor has the best of elegance and of protection. Great care has been taken with the case to mirror the design of the HTC One (M8) with nice lines and a variety of color choices. The air cushion technology provides protection in all the right places. This case is so slim and so closely matches the design of the HTC One (M8) that you may even forget you have it.
20140602_161813.jpg

Check out my video overview of the case here:

Thanks HTC for your awesome Advantage Program and thank you Spigen for the case. We are going to get along very well indeed.
So, why not pay $19.99 to project your investment? Take my advice and do so. You will be glad you did.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.