cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery life cut in half after software update on Feb 23, 2015

Highlighted
Journeyman

battery life cut in half after software update on Feb 23, 2015

after updating the software as requested, my battery life has instantly been reduced by half. This is so disappointing. The battery used to last ALL DAY. Now it will only last about 4.5 hours. What can be done about this? Is it possible to go back to the previous software version?

Thanks for any assistance Sprint!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Master

Hi gomerbubba,

I know how frustrating this can be, I'm here to hep. Please provide me with the make and model of your device. When did you update the software?

- Lisse
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone is an HTC One M8 Harman Kardon. The update was done yesterday prior to noon.

Highlighted
Master

gomerbubba,

Thank you for the information you have provided. Have you tried resetting your device to factory default?

- Lisse
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

What will this effect? Why is this necessary after an update?

I have already disabled numerous apps and even deleted a few.

Just doesn't sound like a very good update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What are the steps for the factory default restoration process?

Highlighted
Master

gomerbubba

You will have to save your personal data from your device. Here is a link with the tutorial how to reset your device back to factory default http://sprint.co/1B948BF. Let me know if this helped you.

- Lisse
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not want to have to save off my personal items. Can you or someone answer the questions I asked on response from 11:15?

thanks.

Highlighted
Master

gomerbubba- Thank you for you response. Here are two options to preform a Factory reset on your device. http://sprint.co/1AGSpbw or http://sprint.co/1FTTUaW. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

What will this effect? Why is this necessary after an update?

Highlighted
Master

gomerbubba- With every update can be little glitches that are usually solved quite easily. The first step in resolving most software glitches is to hard reset the device. Resetting your phone can help clear any cookies, cache or backlog on your device that could cause this issue. Let me know if this helps. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Solved quite easily? A hard reset to the device is not an easy or acceptable solution. If that is your solution, please do not ever send out any more updates. This is at best a Band-Aid type of cover-up. So your programmers and analysts cannot perform their job duties any better than this. They should be terminated. If we as consumers are to accept this "solution" why don't we just get a brand new clean phone when an update is sent out to us?

If I wanted this level of service I would have purchased a Wal-mart phone and throw it in the trash when I wanted an update, not a $600 HTC device from Sprint!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat